Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In my mocks, I got a C in listening and reading (both) in Spanish. This is bizarre and has surprised me as I got an A/A* in speaking and A* in writing. I need help! Tips, advice, support! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
whitedwarf
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Flashcards are a huge help when trying to learn vocabulary. I found them very useful.
Moltenmo
Rep:
(Original post by whitedwarf)
Flashcards are a huge help when trying to learn vocabulary. I found them very useful.
OK I'll try this...what do I put on the flashcards though since topics in reading/listening exams change every year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
trabajadora
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Moltenmo)
In my mocks, I got a C in listening and reading (both) in Spanish. This is bizarre and has surprised me as I got an A/A* in speaking and A* in writing. I need help! Tips, advice, support! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry about it too much, you still have quite a lot of time to improve! If it makes you feel any better I got Ds in my Spanish mock exams but ended up with an A* at the end and now doing Spanish at A-level

What did you struggle with? Did you just not understand the vocab or was it more to do with vocab? I would really recommend Memrise which is a site that helps with vocab learning. You can either use the site's own Spanish course or you can search for your exam board and everything on the spec (vocab wise) should be there.

Good luck!
Moltenmo
Rep:
(Original post by trabajadora)
Don't worry about it too much, you still have quite a lot of time to improve! If it makes you feel any better I got Ds in my Spanish mock exams but ended up with an A* at the end and now doing Spanish at A-level

What did you struggle with? Did you just not understand the vocab or was it more to do with vocab? I would really recommend Memrise which is a site that helps with vocab learning. You can either use the site's own Spanish course or you can search for your exam board and everything on the spec (vocab wise) should be there.

Good luck!
Thank you for replying. I think I struggle with understanding the vocab more than anything (this might be due to not actually learning most of the vocab in school or/and independently). I will definitely check out memrise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oli9050
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I think most people do better in the speaking and writing because you have time to prepare what you’re gonna read and write, so it’s totally normal to get lower with the reading and listening because you’re more on the spot.
(Original post by Moltenmo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.6%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.72%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.76%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.4%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (252)
48.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.44%

Watched Threads