Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me find anime movie's title! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So when i was little i was OBSESSED with this anime movie and i cant find the DVD or remember how it was called! basically its pretty old and it opened with a woman performing on stage and suddenly a headlight fell on her and killed her.
    Has anyone seen it?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solark)
    So when i was little i was OBSESSED with this anime movie and i cant find the DVD or remember how it was called! basically its pretty old and it opened with a woman performing on stage and suddenly a headlight fell on her and killed her.
    Has anyone seen it?
    Cheers
    Not familiar with it, but Ive had a similar problem a while back. Try humming the tune (if you remember) into soundhound or similar app and then when you have the name of the song, search for animes with that song, hope that helps :-)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen it?
    Cheers
    Perfect Blue, maybe? :hmmmm2: It's been a while since I watched it myself, but it's the only fairly well-known older anime movie that combines stage performances and horror that springs to mind. :p:

If not, let me know of anything else you remember, and I'll try again.

ReputationRep:
    What else can you remember? Anything about the characters? Music?

ReputationRep:
    I think there were some red flowers involved but im not sure...and then a girl that was the main character and went to a school? And someone with a mask/hidden face? Dont know how helpful that is! Thank you all for your time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Perfect Blue, maybe? :hmmmm2: It's been a while since I watched it myself, but it's the only fairly well-known older anime movie that combines stage performances and horror that springs to mind. :p:

If not, let me know of anything else you remember, and I'll try again.
    No! Thanks a lot. I checked it and its not that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    What else can you remember? Anything about the characters? Music?
    I think there were some red flowers involved but im not sure...and then a girl that was the main character and went to a school? And someone with a mask/hidden face? Dont know how helpful that is! Thank you all for your time
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo? (Clutching at straws here, but the old Phantom of the Opera certainly has a mask). :p:

ReputationRep:
    Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo? (Clutching at straws here, but the old Phantom of the Opera certainly has a mask). :p:
    My brain screamed "PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!" into my brain-ears too lol

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it was a movie, not a series. The graphics do look similar though so its of that "anime era" i tried googling something like "anime headlight falls on stage" but with no luck...oh and i think that strange face man gave the girl some tickets at some point for a show or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonoLuma)
    My brain screamed "PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!" into my brain-ears too lol
    Hahaha! Japanese edition

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha! Japanese edition
    lol yeah, just thought... woman, man with mask, theater. Im terrible with japanese though too!

Would this help? its a search on a character database with "mask" as a tag.

https://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/tags.php?id=523

ReputationRep:
    APPARENTLY ITS CALLED "Glass No Kamen OVA". Found it on youtube
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the whole movie thing threw me, I didn't think about OVAs. :p: I've only seen the 1984 TV series, myself.

ReputationRep:
    Glad you found it! It's these little things that can bug me so much too.

ReputationRep:
    naruto shippuden dattebayo rasegan

ReputationRep:
    Glad you found it!!
    I have a similar problem with this anime that involves a creature that`s a massive beige dog/ pig and he`s friends with two kids (a girl and a boy) and I can remember he had a laptop and was a vegetarian? He reminds me a bit of totoro but deffo not totoro.

ReputationRep:
    Hi could anyone help me name this anime. I remember the opening starts with a woman chasing some guys who robbed a bank, she ends up crashing her car and going into a coma. Whilst in the coma she's in a military team that go into some weird village in the middle of the desert. Weird stuff happens in the village and they get attacked by the villagers, when they try and leave the village they get telephoned back in every time. But that's all I have to go on

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.