Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Due to personal circumstances I've missed a lot of uni.

I'm trying to catch up but worried about exam performance.

JW if anybody has failed a module and what the consequences were?

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for extenuating circumstances, you should have been emailed the form at some point.

Normally when you fail a module you get a chance to resit in late august/september.

ReputationRep:
    First, if you've been having problems and ended up missing academic commitments, I hope you've been discussing this with your personal tutor. They would then be able to point you in the direction of appropriate support services, and if nothing else would have a record of you contacting them.

If you haven't discussed this with your personal tutor yet, you should do so as soon as possible.

You should contact your school admin office to find out what to do to submit an application for extenuating circumstances to be considered. You need to submit the application before the next exam board (there's likely to be one in late Jan/early Feb to consider the results of January exams). If you miss the deadline for this, you'll also need to subsequently submit the reasons why you missed the deadline, and then the board will decide whether to revisit your case.

What happens if you fail an exam -- you will probably be allowed to resit the exam in the August/September resit period. This re-sit may or may not be capped at 40%. *However* if you fail too many exams, you might not be allowed to re-sit; you might instead be required to re-take the year (a "supplementary year" or even be required to leave the University.

Any decisions are likely to be informed by any extenuating circumstances application you make, so you really do need to talk to your school admin office and to your personal tutor as soon as you can.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all

I have been in contact with my tutor and staff at uni all along, was just wondering if anybody had actually failed. I found out that I could self certify for a january exam so I can take it in the summer without it being capped - very helpful!

But thank you all for your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.