Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do some guys act differently around their friends? Watch

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR, where people argue over the definition of the word 'teen'.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by macromicro)
    University isn't for everyone.
    Thank you very much for delighting me with your sense of humor once again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Lol. It's just Idk how many people here are international students who speak it as a second language, so may confuse them.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by UWS)
    :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Abdukazam)
    Lol. It's just Idk how many people here are international students who speak it as a second language, so may confuse them.
    I wasn't even strictly speaking about age, when calling someone who is twelve a teenager. The social experiences, learning, growing which are associated with being a teen often happen at or even before 12. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I wasn't even strictly speaking about age, when calling someone who is twelve a teenager. The social experiences, learning, growing which are associated with being a teen often happen at or even before 12. Lol.
    True, I know some people in their 40s who are basically children.

Besides, I prefer the term little brat to describe teens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    :rofl:

Title seems a little vague... Being rude to who also? As humans it is difficult to act the same 100% of the time. Your actions will change depending on the levels of respect and how comfortable you are amongst the people you are with.

I'd be a lot more playful with a girl I've known for a while in comparison to a girl I'm getting to know... As an example. It would also depend on the girl as well. It isn't just a male thing either it applies to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with acting differently around different people. Nobody is 1 dimensional. He is still him even if he acts differently in different situations.

I act differently around my friends compared to my Mrs. I act differently around my Gran, around my parents, around my in laws, around my boss, around my colleagues with everyone really. It is normal human social behaviour to adapt to your surrounds and mirror how others act. It helps us to get on with people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Why so? They're young teens. Wth?
    catalina are u 12? :laugh::laugh:
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Angry Bird)
    catalina are u 12? :laugh::laugh:
    Lmfao. Shut up. :cry:

I'm glad you still remember my name even after changing it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Title
    Both genders are odd creatures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    I only remember teenage boys doing this tbh, especially in school/college. Most of the time it's to impress their friends, they'll learn someday.
    Like for the boobs.

ReputationRep:
    Thats kinda true. In front of my friends im crazy and confident. At home you don't have the kind of freedom cause you don't go to your older brother and randomly drop him to the ground and run away. You'd simply just die.

ReputationRep:
    They have weak personalities or low confidence. So they gotta conform to what they think impresses their male friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    They have weak personalities or low confidence. So they gotta conform to what they think impresses their male friends.
    Really? woah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Like for the boobs.
    Pervert.

ReputationRep:
    They don't want their masculinity hurt

ReputationRep:
    He's nice and kind around you but acts so rude when he's around his friends.
    No, what guys do is act different around girls. Guys are usually themselves with their bros.
    He's an ******* just pretending to care lol

ReputationRep:
    Really? woah
    Ye even adults do it lol. It's the need to fit in and be part of a group.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.