Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some guys act differently around their friends? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdukazam)
    It's the last few letters, teen, as in thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, your teens end in twenty.
    Pretty sure there's a 'twenteen'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Pervert.
    truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    He's nice and kind around you but acts so rude when he's around his friends.
    because they're immature little boys who cannot think for themselves and so they depend on their friends for validation to try and mask the fact that they ain't s.h.i.t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    He's nice and kind around you but acts so rude when he's around his friends.
    Does he have deep and civilised conversations with you or anyone else other than his friends? If not, then it's probably because he has no substantial personality or knowledge related to any interesting topics of discussion, so he fills the gaps by passing off random swearing and pointless arguments as 'banter'. I see it all the time among other groups of guys. Personally, I keep friends who are actually capable of having interesting conversations, so I'm not usually rude.*
    Spoiler:
    Show

* - Though we do have the occasional p*** take about stupid social conventions like prejudice, by imitating the kind of ridiculous prejudiced statements that people actually make seriously in wider debates. And that could be taken as rude by those who hear the conversation halfway through. I hope not though :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc-ren)
    He's trying to put on a funny 'banter' lad persona so that his friends will find him funnier and respect him more
    Very true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

got an act to keep up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.