i put in 20e^(-1/8 x6) but adding up everything doesn't work
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will'o'wisp)
    http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/...%20Edexcel.pdf

q8b

no-one what to do.

i put in 20e^(-1/8 x6) but adding up everything doesn't work
    Create equations for the first and second dose separately and add. So 1 hour after the second dose + 6 hours after the first dose.

ReputationRep:
    The second has only been in for one hour. The first has been in for 6 now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Create equations for the first and second dose separately and add. So 1 hour after the second dose + 6 hours after the first dose.
    ok

10e^(-1/8 x5) + 10e^(-1/8 x1)= 14.177

ReputationRep:
    Lol a question almost identical to this one came up in the 2016 paper....
    Edexel recycling questions I see
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    ok

10e^(-1/8 x5) + 10e^(-1/8 x1)= 14.177
    1 hr after the second dose is 6 hours after the first dose.

ReputationRep:
    1 hr after the second dose is 6 hours after the first dose.
    ???????? i don't get it

the total time for everything is in that equation if i do one multiplying by 6 then i got 7 hours in total when there's only 6

(Original post by solC)
    Lol a question almost identical to this one came up in the 2016 paper....
    Edexel recycling questions I see
    well den

ReputationRep:
    The drug is still in the blood stream so you have to add that on top of the dosage. So you get your answer from part a + 10mg as D
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    ???????? i don't get it

the total time for everything is in that equation if i do one multiplying by 6 then i got 7 hours in total when there's only 6

well den
    No,  x = De^{-\frac{1}{8}t}

"t hours after it has been taken" and it has been 6 hours, so replace t with 6 for the first dose.

ReputationRep:
    No,  x = De^{-\frac{1}{8}t}

"t hours after it has been taken" and it has been 6 hours, so replace t with 6 for the first dose.
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    everytime

thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    everytime

thanks
    I've read a couple of posts from you this evening where you seem to be getting frustrated about not spotting things right away. You really shouldn't worry about this as you are doing everything right by working hard a long time before your final exams. Your efforts will definitely pay off in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I've read a couple of posts from you this evening where you seem to be getting frustrated about not spotting things right away. You really shouldn't worry about this as you are doing everything right by working hard a long time before your final exams. Your efforts will definitely pay off in the end.
    https://youtu.be/oHC1230OpOg

Really tho i can't tell. I did tons of work for that AS physics exam and spent over 50% of my time revising for it out of the 4 subjects i did at the time. E grade out of that. Nothing paid off for that. I wasted a whole year doing something i couldn't do. Hard work didn't pay off.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

Really tho i can't tell. I did tons of work for that AS physics exam and spent over 50% of my time revising for it out of the 4 subjects i did at the time. E grade out of that. Nothing paid off for that. I wasted a whole year doing something i couldn't do. Hard work didn't pay off.
    If you continue to put in the same amount of effort as you are at the moment then I think it will pay off. You have the time.

But for M2 especially, you were trying past papers before knowing the basics. Once your mocks are finished, you need to spend time understanding the topics. For this I recommend watching Examsolutions videos - the tutorials, not the exam questions. I felt like you had finished topics without understanding them, which could be yours or your teacher's fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)
    If you continue to put in the same amount of effort as you are at the moment then I think it will pay off. You have the time.

But for M2 especially, you were trying past papers before knowing the basics. Once your mocks are finished, you need to spend time understanding the topics. For this I recommend watching Examsolutions videos - the tutorials, not the exam questions. I felt like you had finished topics without understanding them, which could be yours or your teacher's fault.
    Let's not forget my Chemistry is 20x worse than my maths.

Tbh, it's just papers and more revision....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.