how much coffee before you go crazy

Watch
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i was wondering of everyone's coffee tolerance!
basically i have more coffee in my veins than blood. i love coffee. i drink like huge mugs of black coffee or else i have like 4 espresso shots in the mornings. but sometimes if i have too much coffee my hands begin to shake and i dont stop shaking my legs and i begin to hear too much. to this day i have never hallucinated from coffee though. so i was wondering how much coffee u guys have before u start having effects and what effects do u get
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Coffee keeps me sane.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Coffee isn't a hallucinogen
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I probably average between 6 and 8 cups a day. More when I'm working.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)
I probably average between 6 and 8 cups a day. More when I'm working.
Sounds normal lool. My friend had 14 once! I only have like 2 or 3 a day max!
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
Sounds normal lool. My friend had 14 once! I only have like 2 or 3 a day max!
I've probably beaten 14. I use an oversized mug which is equal to maybe two normal cups and, at work, often have doubles. I've been drinking coffee since I was maybe 5 or 6 and am a large man so I guess I have pretty high tolerance. Essentially when you are a seasoned coffee addict drinking it only maintains a baseline of energy rather than providing much extra. Still, much less harmful than my other addictions :lol:
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Caffeine or coffee won't make you hallucinate. Too much and you could get anxiety and nervousness, nausea, racing heartrate and thoughts and all that stuff, but you won't start seeing or hearing things.
Rep:
?
(Original post by zayn008)
Coffee isn't a hallucinogen
true, but once when i didnt sleep for like 5 days i had sooooo much coffee everything looked DIFFERENT it had like a green tinge or something. it was probs the lack of sleep but the coffee made it look weirder
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)
I've probably beaten 14. I use an oversized mug which is equal to maybe two normal cups and, at work, often have doubles. I've been drinking coffee since I was maybe 5 or 6 and am a large man so I guess I have pretty high tolerance. Essentially when you are a seasoned coffee addict drinking it only maintains a baseline of energy rather than providing much extra. Still, much less harmful than my other addictions :lol:
Wow. The first time I had coffee was when I was 8, started drinking it regularly around 3 years ago. If I have anymore than 4 then I won't be able to draw a straight line even with a ruler because my hands would be shaking lol.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Usually a fair few cups/mugs. The annoyance comes if I'm on campus all day, and I can/have spent about £10 on coffee in one day on campus :/
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gameofno)
true, but once when i didnt sleep for like 5 days i had sooooo much coffee everything looked DIFFERENT it had like a green tinge or something. it was probs the lack of sleep but the coffee made it look weirder
You'd be much better off drinking some alcohol or taking pot than doing that.
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
urgh coffee...it's all about tea
Rep:
?
You'd be much better off drinking some alcohol or taking pot than doing that.
hahaha banned in my religion mannnnn
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't have more than 4 a day without getting headaches.
TeenRose29
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by retro_turtles)
urgh coffee...it's all about tea
okay I agree lol, I don't really drink tea but once in a while its alright but coffee is horrid
my dad tricked me once by swapping my hot chocolate with his coffee and I literally drank it
ew horrid
& he made me drink orange juice with bloody apple cider vinegar in it
who does tht, I asked him wat was in the glass and he goes orange juice and i was like kay thts fine, drank it and its bloody disgusting, I ask him and he's like 'oh *laughs* oops there was vinegar in there'
retro_turtles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
okay I agree lol, I don't really drink tea but once in a while its alright but coffee is horrid
my dad tricked me once by swapping my hot chocolate with his coffee and I literally drank it
ew horrid
& he made me drink orange juice with bloody apple cider vinegar in it
who does tht, I asked him wat was in the glass and he goes orange juice and i was like kay thts fine, drank it and its bloody disgusting, I ask him and he's like 'oh *laughs* oops there was vinegar in there'
Your dad is a strange man hahha. Apple cider vinegar?? bloody hell man how'd you get rid of the taste?
That's why i never drink anything someone gives me, i have to take it myself.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gameofno)
hahaha banned in my religion mannnnn
So you binge on coffee to recreate it.. a noble man once said religion is about morals not laws. Just trying to understand why someone would want to drink that much coffee knowing the damage it can do
TeenRose29
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by retro_turtles)
Your dad is a strange man hahha. Apple cider vinegar?? bloody hell man how'd you get rid of the taste?
That's why i never drink anything someone gives me, i have to take it myself.
LMAO ikr, yup apple cider vinegar in his orange juice, apparently he heard somewhere that vinegar is good for you.
You don't it's just there, sharp ass flavour in the drink Don't try it lol, it's so horrid, and lol I didn't know I couldn't trust ma parents lol.
Rep:
?
So you binge on coffee to recreate it.. a noble man once said religion is about morals not laws. Just trying to understand why someone would want to drink that much coffee knowing the damage it can do
no ofc not wtf... i binge on coffee because i stay up a lot usually studying/reading so in the mornings i have A LOT of coffee or else i die at school. i didnt drink coffee one day and fell asleep in half my lessons! but i wouldnt binge on coffee to recreate effects of being drunk/high- i have tried both lol and im the one who decided to stop. anyway i need coffee bc im an insomniac and my tolerance is high so i need to have a lot for it to have an effect haha
retro_turtles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
LMAO ikr, yup apple cider vinegar in his orange juice, apparently he heard somewhere that vinegar is good for you.
You don't it's just there, sharp ass flavour in the drink Don't try it lol, it's so horrid, and lol I didn't know I couldn't trust ma parents lol.
I heard that too, its good for your hair too. My mum puts yogurt in her hair and mayonnaise like wtf i'm tryna eat my chips :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
8.57%
I need help researching courses (2)
5.71%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
8.57%
I need help with my personal statement (17)
48.57%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
20%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
5.71%

Watched Threads