Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

White man tortured by anti-Trump blacks in Chicago Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/05/us...-live-beating/

Imagine the outrage, the protests, the outpouring of anger across the world if this was the other way around, if it was a black getting tortured by a white man.

Chicago police saying it was "not racially or politically motivated" despite the attackers shouting on video "**** white people" and "**** Donald Trump"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/05/us...-live-beating/

Imagine the outrage, the protests, the outpouring of anger across the world if this was the other way around, if it was a black getting tortured by a white man.
    The part of this that me chuckle the most:

"Chicago police stated that they believed the attack was not because of his race or political affiliation."

Yeah, not like they literally said "**** white people" and all happened to be black, the sick ****ers chose a disabled person as well!

I'm by no means a Trump supporter and would've voted for Gary Johnson if I were an American but this is distgusting behaviour, I hope they get battered by the neo-nazi gangs in jail, personally I'd lock them in a room with a few armed thugs and walk away were I a prison warden...

#AllLivesMatter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    The part of this that me chuckle the most:

"Chicago police stated that they believed the attack was not because of his race or political affiliation."

Yeah, not like they literally said "**** white people" and all happened to be black, the sick ****ers chose a disabled person as well!

I'm by no means a Trump supporter and would've voted for Gary Johnson if I were an American but this is distgusting behaviour, I hope they get battered by the neo-nazi gangs in jail, personally I'd lock them in a room with a few armed thugs and walk away were I a prison warden...

#AllLivesMatter
    "**** white people"

I have no idea why this happened

"**** Trump"

Such a mystery

BONUS ROUND: Don Lemon on CNN said this was neither evil nor torture, just some kids with "Bad home training".

ReputationRep:
    And people wonder why we don't take media outlets like CNN seriously...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jVWdtI6_wg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    "**** white people"

"**** Trump"

Such a mystery

BONUS ROUND: Don Lemon on CNN said this was neither evil nor torture, just some kids with "Bad home training".
    Well that's the left for you (CNN says it all), all minorities are like pets who aren't really responsible for their actions and need the nanny state to look after them.

The Democratic Party and Labour in the UK have done by far the most harm to ethnic minority communities by creating a dependence culture with welfare.

That sort of attitude is the REAL racism, believing someone needs help and assistance just because of their skin colour. We are all humans and should all be treated equally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    "**** white people"

"**** Trump"

Such a mystery

And yet when someone pulls off a woman's hijab, it's immediately labelled a hate crime.

Despite the police's confusion over the motive, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office have now charged them with a hate crime.

The official ruling is "All four suspects were charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Hill, Cooper and Covington were also charged with residential burglary. Hill was additionally charged with possession of a stolen motor vehicle, according to the attorney's office."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/criminal-ch...ry?id=44577694

Edit: Full story (so you can see why burglary charges)

Four black people face hate crime and kidnapping charges for the Facebook Live-aired torture of a mentally disabled white man, who was made to drink from a toilet bowl, had part of his scalp removed with a knife, and was bound, gagged and beaten.

In the video, the assailants can be heard making derogatory statements against white people and Donald Trump.

Police said the unnamed 18-year-old victim was dropped off by his parents at a McDonald's restaurant on 31 December to meet his friend, Jordan Hill, who later became one of his attackers. The pair drove around for two days, sleeping inside a van that Mr Hill had allegedly stolen without the victim's knowledge, before ending up at the Covington sisters' home.

Chicago Police Commander Kevin Duffin said the victim finally escaped when his attackers went downstairs to confront a resident who had called police because of the noise.

Cdr Duffin said the racial slurs and references to the victim's mental capacity, depicted in the video, led to the hate crime charges.

One of the female attackers allegedly kicked in the front door of the neighbour's home, resulting in burglary charges for three of the suspects.

The escaped captive was found disorientated and traumatised, walking the streets in shorts and sandals with Mr Hill. The victim, who had difficulty communicating with police, was taken to hospital for medical treatment, and discharged.

Several people can be seen drinking, laughing and smoking, while their captive cowers in the corner of the room. In other videos posted online the young man is forced at knife-point to say: "I love black people".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38525549

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      Despite the police's confusion over the motive, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office have now charged them with a hate crime.

The official ruling is "All four suspects were charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Hill, Cooper and Covington were also charged with residential burglary. Hill was additionally charged with possession of a stolen motor vehicle, according to the attorney's office."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/criminal-ch...ry?id=44577694
      Still doesn't excuse the responses of people like Symon Sanders (who reminds me of an American Diane Abbott, funny that she used to work for Bernie Sanders.) essentially saying that it's ok because they were black and didn't know better...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Connor27)
      Still doesn't excuse the responses of people like Symon Sanders (who reminds me of an American Diane Abbott, funny that she used to work for Bernie Sanders.) essentially saying that it's ok because they were black and didn't know better...
      Symone Sanders is genuinely a scummy human being. Bottom of the barrel.

ReputationRep:
      How much will it take for (western) society to understand that racism towards white exists?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dodgypirate)
      How much will it take for (western) society to understand that racism towards white exists?
      A lot when you have ****wits like this having their views legitimised.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.