What are the 'heaviest' A level subjects Watch

AxSirlotl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Which A levels require the most time and effort/ have the largest syllabus? (I guess that makes sense).
rolaah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Any subject you find difficult.
greghayes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For me, it's law. Not necessarily the theory of law, but the pure amount of cases needed. We have about 400 over the course of 2 years, learning the name, facts, and point of law.
UWS
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You really feel the force in Physics
Rachel58
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's very different for every person, honestly, but most people struggle with Sciences (not including Maths)
ions
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The subject that you find hardest will seem like it has the most workload because you'll have to constantly be working on it to understand it. For example the history syllabus has a lot to get through, but as I don't find the concepts difficult to grasp, it doesn't take that much time. If I were to do maths, physics or chemistry, I know it would have the highest workload for me because I'd struggle to understand the concepts.
That being said, heavily essay based subjects like English lit and history will have the highest physical workload I think
rosie.mn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For me, it would be most difficult to do Physics, maths and further maths because my mathematical competence is poor and I find it very dull. The hardest a level I personally do is Philosophy, lots of content and you have to know it as precisely as possible. I do History and the content is immense but I find the exam skills easy so it isn't too bad.
Mr.McNuggets
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
gotta say physics got way harder at A2 and it wasn't all that easy at AS to begin with
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by greghayes)
For me, it's law. Not necessarily the theory of law, but the pure amount of cases needed. We have about 400 over the course of 2 years, learning the name, facts, and point of law.
No offence but if this true, the reputation of law lives up to nowhere near this… that's quite harsh because After reading that I think it deserves more respect
romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
B I O L O G Y

The workload is so overwhelming and the textbooks are over complicated so you just don't know where to start...
username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Geography but thats probably because I struggle with the content. Definitions, processes, case studies, its a lot to take in

Also Travel and Tourism, because its mainly coursework based and you really cant afford to slack (as 2 in my class did last year and still this year)
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AxSirlotl)
Which A levels require the most time and effort/ have the largest syllabus? (I guess that makes sense).
Definitely biology. Has anyone ever been in a class where they've finished the syllabus in April
niv1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do biology, chemistry, German and Latin and I'm currently in year 12. I think biology is the one out of my subjects that has the most stuff to learn but chemistry is next.
Aaron2515
Badges: 15
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AxSirlotl)
Classical Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Latin, Classics
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?