Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I wanted to know if anyone had any tips for preparation for medicine interviews, I've already started going through the isc medicine interview book and my medical ethics book comes tomorrow so I would like advice on other resources and ways of preparing.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boredomstrikes)
    Hello everyone

I wanted to know if anyone had any tips for preparation for medicine interviews, I've already started going through the isc medicine interview book and my medical ethics book comes tomorrow so I would like advice on other resources and ways of preparing.

Thanks
    Make sure you do your research into the medical school which is interviewing you - both their course and the style of the interview. Try to find out what types of questions have been asked previously and how other candidates found the interview process.

Regarding resources, I would recommend using something like the BBC News Health Website and glancing at it everyday to see if there is anything that stands out to you. Make a note of any of the recent news stories which you find interesting and have a think about how you might discuss the topic in the interview - how does it impact healthcare? What are the implications for the future? etc.

My best advice would be to do a mock interview. It is only then that you will know what areas you need to work on and where you might stumble on your answers. It will also give you a boost in confidence, and help your answers become more clear and succinct.

Regarding ethical scenarios (if that is part of your medical interview), there are some good case studies on the GMC Website called 'Good Medical Practice in Action.' They are easy to follow and go over some common scenarios.

There are also some good example questions online which would be worth looking at. While I would not recommend reciting answers off by heart, it would be a good idea to make sure you know what points you wish to cover for the more obvious questions so that you have a good structure in your head - particularly helpful when the nerves take over.

Finally, make sure you reread your Personal Statement and are able to expand upon every point that you made. In particular, it is important to be able to reflect upon what you have seen and learnt in your work experience and through your extracurricular activities - I would especially recommend spending some time doing this.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    To add onto Angury's answer, in regards to ethical questions you can use the channel, Easy Medical Interviews, to know how to answer them
    .Here's the link to them: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3...MKCFSU9sNNDpWw

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys just got an interview for Liverpool at the 23 Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.