Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

false UCAS application report Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I go to this really bad school where the teacher just don't give a crap about anything so they don't properly check UCAS statements

The other day, I got rejected from a uni but another guy in my class got an offer, I had better predicted grades than him so I called the uni up an they said that they declined as I had a set of failed AS level grades from last year (I'm currently studying an IB so am submitting an IB application). This confused me because he also had failed A level grades.

I asked the other guy if he'd declared his failed AS level grades and he said no and seemed pretty happy as if he'd got away with murder or something. I'm like legit furious right now and also pretty pissed at my teacher for not checking his previous grades as well

does any1 have any idea how I can submit a complaint directly to ucas telling them that this person submitted an applicaition without declaring all his grades?

thankss

ReputationRep:
    The Uni will possibly catch up with him eventually - because the exam boards will supply them with all known grades for that person, which will obviously include the AS levels. However they may not spot the significance.

You might like to alert the Uni to this in advance, but of course I couldn't possibly suggest that.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlesRaptor197)
    I go to this really bad school where the teacher just don't give a crap about anything so they don't properly check UCAS statements

The other day, I got rejected from a uni but another guy in my class got an offer, I had better predicted grades than him so I called the uni up an they said that they declined as I had a set of failed AS level grades from last year (I'm currently studying an IB so am submitting an IB application). This confused me because he also had failed A level grades.

I asked the other guy if he'd declared his failed AS level grades and he said no and seemed pretty happy as if he'd got away with murder or something. I'm like legit furious right now and also pretty pissed at my teacher for not checking his previous grades as well

does any1 have any idea how I can submit a complaint directly to ucas telling them that this person submitted an applicaition without declaring all his grades?

thankss
    Did you both apply for the exact same course?

Have you spoken to your college/school to explain that by approving fraudulent applications they're risking their reputation with universities?

ReputationRep:
    Bottom line is, if you report him and his application is thrown out, it's not likely to make room for you to get in instead. Some things in the world you just cannot change.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.