Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I got an offer from Nottingham for economics and the qualification was Bachelor of Arts with honours, I was planning on a BSc, so I'm just wondering whether If you decide which one you're doing once you actually start the course there.

ReputationRep:
    When you start Economics at Nottingham in Year 1, you have a choice between Mathematical Economics (ME) or Quantitative Economics (QE). Mathematical Economics is recommended for those who have done A-Level Maths, and QE for those who haven't. However, the choice is yours. There's also the opportunity to switch between the two within the first couple of weeks.

If you take ME, you take Econometrics in Semester 2, and you're on track to get a BSc. If not, you'll be on track for a BA.

I'm not sure of more specifics, and I've heard there are ways to get a BSc without taking Econometrics but I'm unsure. That's pretty much the gist.

Hope that helped!

ReputationRep:
    That definitely did help a lot, thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.