Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you feel if you got that message? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyna23)
    Well if it's of your partner that you'be been for 8 months?
    They don't think you're happy with them and is saying there's no pressure to stay.
    What got them to that point though, I have no clue.

ReputationRep:
    Is that a text from a male to a female??
    I understand it like: "I'm with you because I WANT to be with you, not because I NEED to be with you. It's my choice to be with you, and I choose that because I truly believe that you are an amazing person, not because I am dependent on you. I could still have a good time without you, but I prefer time with you because I think it's great. But I don't want you to think that you are OBLIGED to be with me because something bad will happen to me if you are not. I just want you to be with me because you want to do so!"

I don't agree with the people saying it's dramatic, because drama has a tragic touch to it but there's no tragedy here. Strong, meaningful, deep, even overanalysed yes, but not dramatic. I also think it's a mature way to express this degree of love, as it is more realistic to "I don't know what I would do without you, my life would be meaningless".

Just my personal opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    Is that a text from a male to a female??
    I understand it like: "I'm with you because I WANT to be with you, not because I NEED to be with you. It's my choice to be with you, and I choose that because I truly believe that you are an amazing person, not because I am dependent on you. I could still have a good time without you, but I prefer time with you because I think it's great. But I don't want you to think that you are OBLIGED to be with me because something bad will happen to me if you are not. I just want you to be with me because you want to do so!"

I don't agree with the people saying it's dramatic, because drama has a tragic touch to it but there's no tragedy here. Strong, meaningful, deep, even overanalysed yes, but not dramatic. I also think it's a mature way to express this degree of love, as it is more realistic to "I don't know what I would do without you, my life would be meaningless".

Just my personal opinion
    Thank you! That's really deep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    I also think it's a mature way to express this degree of love, as it is more realistic to "I don't know what I would do without you, my life would be meaningless".
    I don't think it's very mature to say this in a text message. If he truly had these feelings and decided to just say them, you do it face to face, at least it would hold to some degree of sincerity. This is just his last plea to get someone, whom I assume he imagines has never indicated any interest in him, to have a change of heart.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.