Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there, my boyfriend and I are both on our gap year, but in September 2017 we're hoping to be moving to London together to study. We both feel like we don't want to miss out on the experience of meeting and living with other students, but don't want to live separately, is it possible to find other students willing to share with a couple? Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? Thanks .

    People generally don't want to share with a couple as it can be awkward for flatmates and potentially cause issues if you two split up. Most student places won't let couples share a room so you'd be letting two rooms anyway (which I guess does mean you can not mention you're a couple...). Honestly I would do one year in halls separately and then try and find a place together if you still want to, you can basically live together anyway and spend half the week in each flat if you want to.
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.