Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm a 16 year old guy, and to say the least I'm kind of a chubbster. I think I'm around 13 stone and I have moons (man boobs) and a big stomach (ish). I'm going to a sixth form, so I want to set that as my goal for getting in good shape. I have 4 months, that's it, and I hope to get at least a fat stomach and build a good amount of muscle (I'm quite broad shouldered and stuff and apparently I will find it easier to put on muscle than most). Can anyone give me any ideas of how to do this? I plan to run 3 30 mins a week, and do weightlifting 2-3 times a week, a full arm and ab workout. Does anyone know if my target is realistic? Any pointer son how to go about losing the fat and putting on muscle the best? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    Hey! I'm a 16 year old guy, and to say the least I'm kind of a chubbster. I think I'm around 13 stone and I have moons (man boobs) and a big stomach (ish). I'm going to a sixth form, so I want to set that as my goal for getting in good shape. I have 4 months, that's it, and I hope to get at least a fat stomach and build a good amount of muscle (I'm quite broad shouldered and stuff and apparently I will find it easier to put on muscle than most). Can anyone give me any ideas of how to do this? I plan to run 3 30 mins a week, and do weightlifting 2-3 times a week, a full arm and ab workout. Does anyone know if my target is realistic? Any pointer son how to go about losing the fat and putting on muscle the best? Thanks.
    You might want to post in the fitness forum instead:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=269

but make sure to read the FAQ thread first as it will answer a bunch of your questions. If you don't and you post a really generic question instead of specific ones or ones that can be answered by the FAQ you will literally just be told to read the FAQ first. So, best to skip that faff and just read it first. If there is something you still don;t understand, then ask.

ReputationRep:
    id say its three quaters about what you eat seriously - and so you need to cut out sugar. only have a couple chocolate bars a week, replace it with sweeteners etc and no full body soft drinks and thatll make a huge amount of difference in itself if you manage it consistently, that being the key word. run twice a week and do a walk the other time to make it easier. dont bother with abs for a while, it doesnt do anything if it has a layer of fat over it. do weight training 3 time a week. it puts your body in a mode of higher calorie burning throught the whole week. do that and from 1 month onwards youll see a huge difference, good luck

ReputationRep:
    what you eat is more important than what you do... so focus on eating healthy. I think your work out plan sounds fine but with the running bear in mind you probably can't run for 30 minutes now and in 4 months you could well be able to run for an hour+ so plan to start small with the running and increase it steadily

ReputationRep:
    Get on a proper beginner 3x per week full body routine and eat at a slight caloric deficit, go to the fitness section and read the stickies they tell you everything you need to know.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.