Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Thanks Peterhouse. And am I correct about Track on the 13th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think track will update from the 13th. Track might be the quickest way that overseas candidates, especially those outside Europe, will find out about offer conditions.*

*Some Colleges will email the full offer letter, including conditions etc. Others (like Peterhouse) will just send the decision (offer/reject/pooled to another college).

ReputationRep:
    Not first. (Naeco )

Peterhouse (on request, candidates should email Peterhouse in advance)
    This is very helpful. Thank you. So does Peterhouse not normally send out emails unless specifically requested?

Sorry, just saw Admissions' post after I clicked reply.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatyoullbe)
    This is very helpful. Thank you. So does Peterhouse not normally send out emails unless specifically requested?

Sorry, just saw Admissions' post after I clicked reply.
    I've amended my post now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not first. (Naeco )

Will I get an emailed decision?

Just to add to Minerva's OP, please check if your college has confirmed HOW it will be contacting you. We know that all letters are posted on the 11th Jan. All colleges are emailing non-UK addresses during the 12th Jun. They will be sent some time between 9am and 5pm GMT, probably. It's a time-consuming manual process performed, usually, by just one person per college.

We don't know for sure which colleges are also emailing UK candidates on the 12th or shortly after. If your college has told you it is (or is not) emailing please comment on here or drop me a PM so I can update this post.

The following colleges are confirmed (or are likely) to be emailing UK candidates on the 12th (nb. some might not be completed until the 13th - be patient...):
    Christ's
    Emma : Offer letters ONLY will be posted to applicants. All decisions (offer, pool and unsuccessful) will be emailed to applicants by 5:00pm. - (HT Naeco)
    Fitz
    Hughes Hall
    King's
    Murray Edwards
    Peterhouse : will be decision only, not offer conditions. (HT Peterhouse Admissions)
    St Catz
    St John's (HT TH3-FL45H)
    Trinity
    Tit Hall (HT Christie_xx)

Colleges definitely NOT emailing UK candidates:
    Selwyn (HT liziepie)

What about UCAS Track?

It is likely UCAS Track will be updated from the 13th. Track might be the quickest way that overseas candidates, especially those outside Europe, will find out about offer conditions.*

*Some Colleges will email the full offer letter, including conditions etc. Others (like Peterhouse) will just send the decision (offer/reject/pooled to another college).
    St Catz are sending letters to successful applicants, and emailing unsuccessful ones
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)
    St Catz are sending letters to successful applicants, and emailing unsuccessful ones
    Will be noted Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    jneill,

Last year Churchill emailed me (without offer conditions) on 12th at 9.37am, so I assume they will email this year too!

Edit: Nevermind, I am stupid - decision day was on 11th last year..

ReputationRep:
    Why did I come back on TSR I've been purposefully ignoring this website so I don't have to think about it, I just had to clickik on this thread and now I'm sh!tting it again I won't be getting in anyway I massively fudged up my interview but still
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    jneill,

Last year Churchill emailed me (without offer conditions) on 12th at 9.37am, so I assume they will email this year too!

Edit: Nevermind, I am stupid - decision day was on 11th last year..
    No - it was the same. Posting on 11th, emails on the 12th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edanski)
    Why did I come back on TSR I've been purposefully ignoring this website so I don't have to think about it, I just had to clickik on this thread and now I'm sh!tting it again I won't be getting in anyway I massively fudged up my interview but still
    Dude, we all did

ReputationRep:
    No - it was the same. Posting on 11th, emails on the 12th.
    Oh, all right! If that's the case, Churchill emails on the same day then (very early as well)!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what Downing College is doing?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superdjman1)
    Does anybody know what Downing College is doing?
    Last year they didn't email UK candidates on the 12th. In the absence of any new information I would assume the same this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    No, reasons aren't given. You can ask for feedback if you're not successful but I should point out that this often isn't as useful as you might think. There's very rarely a reason or even a small set of reasons that a candidate is unsuccessful. In most cases, the feedback and reasoning is simply "you had a good application, did quite well and didn't do anything particularly badly but that, on the whole, you weren't quite as strong as other candidates."
    Thanks!
    Also curious as to whether all decisions have been made already? (i.e. just preparing letters and emails left?)(aside from re-interviews)

ReputationRep:
    Not on the app you aren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind that AS exams weren't compulsory in England this year (if I'm correct), I was wondering whether compulsory pooling of applicants (apart those for mathematics and medicine) with an overall UMS or SUMS over 93% still applied for the 2017 cycle? Was it still in place during the 2016 cycle? This is based on the freedom of information request from 2015 (source: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...g_criteria_and) which doesn't contain current data.

Thanks to everyone in forums for answering questions and giving advice!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why it seems to be such a struggle to get these emails out? It's almost as though someone's there manually typing them in on the day. I'd have thought the vast majority could have been written before Christmas and just stored in the drafts folder before being released at (say) 10.00 on the glorious 12th.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    I wonder why it seems to be such a struggle to get these emails out? It's almost as though someone's there manually typing them in on the day. I'd have thought the vast majority could have been written before Christmas and just stored in the drafts folder before being released at (say) 10.00 on the glorious 12th.
    With the risk they get sent early...

ReputationRep:
    C'mon - we're not talking Oxford here....
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracelett)
    Bearing in mind that AS exams weren't compulsory in England this year (if I'm correct), I was wondering whether compulsory pooling of applicants (apart those for mathematics and medicine) with an overall UMS or SUMS over 93% still applied for the 2017 cycle? Was it still in place during the 2016 cycle? This is based on the freedom of information request from 2015 (source: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...g_criteria_and) which doesn't contain current data.

Thanks to everyone in forums for answering questions and giving advice!
    Compulsory pooling is still in place, but it only applies to the relatively few that meet the 3 UMS subject requirement. Applicants in Wales and N Ireland, for example, still have UMS for all subjects. English applicants still have it for Maths, Geography, modern languages, RS, and a few others..
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    C'mon - we're not talking Oxford here....
    GPWM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.