Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    out of curiosity, was the 93% mark for autopooling due to an average of 93%, or every subject being above 93%??
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by shadowlordmelkor)
    out of curiosity, was the 93% mark for autopooling due to an average of 93%, or every subject being above 93%??
    For Sciences it is Best 3 Sciences averaged. For others it is Best 3 any.

All maths & FM are averaged together first.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys do you know how Downing communicates??? Thanxxxx
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    Hi guys do you know how Downing communicates??? Thanxxxx
    Unless we know* otherwise assume the following for every college:
    - letter sent by First Class Royal Mail on the 11th (likely to arrive on the 12th),
    - non-UK candidates also get email on the 12th,
    - UCAS (probably) on the 13th.

*see the 2nd post in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Unless we know* otherwise assume the following for every college:
    - letter sent by First Class Royal Mail on the 11th (likely to arrive on the 12th),
    - non-UK candidates also get email on the 12th,
    - UCAS (probably) on the 13th.

*see the 2nd post in this thread.
    ok thank you 😊

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if queens email or not?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know about St John's? I still haven't gotten a letter or an email.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any previous case in which applicants rejected by Cambridge, but receive an offer later, after some efforts are taken (eg. Request for feedback, submit excellent - average 97% - A2 results, referee submit another reference letter)? Just curious about the possibility and whether efforts should be taken. Thank you in advance for any reply.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by seriousqwerty)
    Is there any previous case in which applicants rejected by Cambridge, but receive an offer later, after some efforts are taken (eg. Request for feedback, submit excellent - average 97% - A2 results, referee submit another reference letter)? Just curious about the possibility and whether efforts should be taken. Thank you in advance for any reply.
    I'm afraid that if you've been rejected then that's the end of the road for this application cycle and your application can't be reopened.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Peterhouse Admissions;69547438]
    Is it worthwhile asking for feedback and whether it is worth reapplying for 2018? Or would you not indicate the latter at all?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    [QUOTE=whatyoullbe;69548230]
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    Is it worthwhile asking for feedback and whether it is worth reapplying for 2018? Or would you not indicate the latter at all?
    If you think it would be useful then that seems a sensible course of action. Think carefully about any other offers you currently hold though. Whilst many people do reapply successfully, others do get rejected twice so don't take a gap year unless you want one and could make a worthwhile year out of it. Remember that it is generally not possible to reapply whilst studying at another university.

ReputationRep:
    Peterhouse Admissions

Thank you so much for replying so quickly with your helpful comment. Just hoping to see if there is anything to learn from the outcome and very much agree that a gap year decision should not be taken without serious thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    If the letter from my college doesn't mention pooling, was I definitely not pooled? I think I'd be elligible for autopooling but there was no mention on the letter

ReputationRep:
    Peterhouse how do you respond to the following allegation: 'it is easier for state school pupils to gain entry to Cambridge than private school pupils'. I don't hold an opinion either way I'm just interested. Peterhouse Admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpxw)
    If the letter from my college doesn't mention pooling, was I definitely not pooled? I think I'd be elligible for autopooling but there was no mention on the letter
    If you are completely sure you were eligible for autopooling, email them and ask about it. There was once a candidate who got in like that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi , in the Uk - no letter or email either way from Robinsons and not on the tracker....going to be a long weekend if guide is not to chase until Tuesday
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by jpxw)
    Why do you think you were elligible? And yes if a pooling college isn't mentioned then you haven't been pooled*

*Mistakes do happen albeit rarely. Either in communication or in pooling decisions.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Peterhouse how do you respond to the following allegation: 'it is easier for state school pupils to gain entry to Cambridge than private school pupils'. I don't hold an opinion either way I'm just interested. Peterhouse Admissions
    Considering the success rate for independent (private) school pupils, 34.6%, is (still) higher than maintained (state) schools, 25.0%, on what basis is the "allegation" being made?

Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 15.21.55.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  443.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Why do you think you were elligible? And yes if a pooling college isn't mentioned then you haven't been pooled*

*Mistakes do happen albeit rarely. Either in communication or in pooling decisions.
    I still do modular A levels and my UMS average is greater than 93%. It's probably just a miscommunication but I've sent them an email anyway just to confirm.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by jpxw)
    I still do modular A levels and my UMS average is greater than 93%. It's probably just a miscommunication but I've sent them an email anyway just to confirm.
    What are your subject by subject UMS? And for which course?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.