Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I never expected to be in the situation where I find myself questioning my course. I expected it as a phase kinda thing but I am actually pretty disappointed with the course.

I'm on a BA HONS Animation course, It's kinda hard explaining to my parent that i'm struggling and it's not enjoyable for me as they take it as me just complaining about problems on the course which i'll apparently get over eventually, but ultimately I feel like I've tried my best and am not getting much back.

I'm not very fond of the way they teach the course in short. It's very unorganized? Us students are constantly asking each other about more information on the homework and when we do bother to email the teacher, they don't seem to want to reply until they're in lesson with us which ultimately doesn't help what so ever. The teachers are meh. Out of four, theres one that admitted he didn't want to teach and theres one that no one can keep up with. Then theres the one that goes on about the same thing for two lessons because shes not organised enough to know what she has already told us unfortunately! Our course is split into two groups - one is bigger than the other which everyone comments on but no one seems to want to fix?

As i'm obviously new to the university thing, i'm really stuck on where to go and what to do next and i'm scared i'm going to leave it too long to do anything about it, suffering in silence with my poor grades. The only reason I would stay is to live away from home and keep my current friends. Besides that at the moment I haven't done any of the work due in after Christmas just found out that the university has lost files of students work somehow but they won't extend the deadline. I guess you could say I've given up. I've never been so unmotivated. In general I love animation, just not on this course...

Just to note, I also learn a language which takes up one day of a week that I will have to drop somehow - the workload on my animation course is so much I can never keep up with practicing a language everyday.

Any help is incredibly appreciated, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You can transfer next academic year to another course using this as sone'ezperience'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketSized)
    You can transfer next academic year to another course using this as sone'ezperience'
    By this do you mean do the same course at another university? Or switch to another course entirely? Would I need to start 1st year again, catch up with the work ive missed or start at 2nd year?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishflake)
    By this do you mean do the same course at another university? Or switch to another course entirely? Would I need to start 1st year again, catch up with the work ive missed or start at 2nd year?
    That would depend on what you want (some people want to start again from first year) and whether your courses are compatible and your marks.

Read the first post of the Transfer FAQ stickied thread in the Applications and UCAS forum. It explains how to go about things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishflake)
    It depends. If the course you wanna do is somewhat compatible to what you've studied, then you can jump straight into 2nd year. If not, you'd Ustinov start 1st yr from scratch

ReputationRep:
    What uni are you at?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.