Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What language do they speak in India? Watch

ReputationRep:
    On a lot of documentaries a lot can speak English so I presume they teach it in the schools a lot but do they ever speak it to eachother and what is the most common spoken language?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    arabic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    On a lot of documentaries a lot can speak English so I presume they teach it in the schools a lot but do they ever speak it to eachother and what is the most common spoken language?
    Hindi then Gujarati and English as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    India has a lot of languages, its national language is Hindi, also called Hindustani. English with Hindi are its official languages, but on state level there are more than 40 official languages. Each region has its own official language. For example the official language in the Capital New Delhi is Urdu.

ReputationRep:
    Hindi is the main along with English.

ReputationRep:
    I think its hindi. Also nice name and profile pic
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    hindi,tamil,gujrati,english

ReputationRep:
    Gujarati d best

ReputationRep:
    english !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.