Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I will be going to university near September 2017.
    I consider myself as bisexual but have doubts. i want to know when meeting new friends at university, should i ever bring this up when getting to know them or make friends first then tell them?
    I've lost friends in the past due to my sexuality and ever since then i have been scared to tell people. i want to be myself at university. How should i go around it?

Cheers!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to if you don't want to. If anyone asks then you can tell them.

You should definitely join your LGBT society if there is one.

ReputationRep:
    Universities tend to be more liberal minded places than most, especially when it comes to LGBT people. A lot of people go away to university and then come out at uni (a few of my friends did). You can tell people if you want, or you can not. It is entirely your choice, but the vast majority of people will not care either way.

ReputationRep:
    Make friends, just tell them at the right time , and if they are your friends they will stay your friends if not they were never meant to be in your life for long , just like a passing cloud 😊

(Original post by Anonymous)
      I will be going to university near September 2017.
      I consider myself as bisexual but have doubts. i want to know when meeting new friends at university, should i ever bring this up when getting to know them or make friends first then tell them?
      I've lost friends in the past due to my sexuality and ever since then i have been scared to tell people. i want to be myself at university. How should i go around it?

Cheers!
      People at uni are more open-minded, so I wouldn't bother even thinking about it.

Thank you very much all! This has made me feel so much better about uni.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.