Hey guys, I've just started a GoFundMe campaign to try and fundraise for a two month volunteering project starting April 2017
I was wondering if people had any ideas on getting the word out there, or if any of you would mind sharing it on facebook/social media and/or donating to my cause.
Just struggling with fundraising ideas at the moment, so if anybody has any ideas, that would be great.
I dont really have a close knit family or circle of friends, so I have to turn elsewhere for things like this!
The goal is around £3000 by April 2017, so I'm thinking of ways I could either offer people something in return for their donations, or ways to encourage people to want to get involved.
All ideas are welcome.
x Turn on thread page Beta
Just started a GoFundMe campaign for two months volunteering in Borneo - ideas/help watch
- Thread Starter
- 06-01-2017 02:21
- 06-01-2017 16:02
You say you're struggling to fundraise. However, I have been let down myself with similar "donations" I have made in the past. Another point is I may not agree with the project so feel less desire to donate in general. I am not wealthy at all, so giving money in a way is not very honest as I have not earned the money myself.
- 06-01-2017 16:07
honestly your best bet is to find a job, then you can be sure there will be money coming in, you can sometimes invest and lot of time (and your own money) into a fundraising idea to have it fall flat
2. cake sale
3. host social event + charge for tickets
4. sometimes dominoes offer free pizza for charity events/raffles
5. bucket collect (especially at clubs - drunk people get generous)
6. if you have a big following on social media that will help but if you don't have one you probably won't get one in time
7. ask companies to donate (think what to offer them, exposure on SM, story for newsletter etc) - small local companies are better