Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been successful in being accepted by a completely new uni through adjustment whilst still being offered the student/tuition loan and accommodation? Anyone from Newcastle that's been successful? - I got rejected by Newcastle for human geog as I didn't meet their requirements but hopefully if I achieve higher maybe I can go through adjustment, but I was just wondering is this likely or is there only a slim chance of this happening?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelleew)
    Has anyone been successful in being accepted by a completely new uni through adjustment whilst still being offered the student/tuition loan and accommodation? Anyone from Newcastle that's been successful? - I got rejected by Newcastle for human geog as I didn't meet their requirements but hopefully if I achieve higher maybe I can go through adjustment, but I was just wondering is this likely or is there only a slim chance of this happening?
    Not many people get accepted through Adjustment. Only 900 people got a place through Adjustment in 2016. This is a very small proportion of applicants. So whilst there is a chance you can get accepted through Adjustment, it's not very likely.

You also need to make sure you meet and exceed your firm offer to be eligible for Adjustment. This means if your offer is ABB, you need to get at least AAB. You need to start working really hard now to have a good chance of this.

Your student loan will be easy to sort. You need to apply as normal (so by the usual May deadline) for the uni that is currently your firm choice. You then send in all the evidence and follow the usual process. Once you've been accepted to the new uni through Adjutment, you log into your student finance account and change the uni - or if you can't do it online you can call student finance.

Acommodation is a bit trickier. Not all unis will be able to offer Adjustment students a room in halls. You should be able to find this information on their website (if it doesn't mention Adjustment then read the info for Clearing).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.