Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British students in their late teens?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably just taken over by paranoia and my depression/anxiety, but whenever I go to a new academic place (for example lets say when I went to different college open days).

Now you see all these students CHOSEN to represent the college and whatever subject/course, am I the only one who just glances there and thinks "Look at him/her, must be very educated to have gotten in and be confident etc etc be way more advanced than me... etc etc... I'm not as good etc... you know what I mean?

You're probably pissing yourself laughing and screenshotting this now because I am a weird crackpot! xD

ReputationRep:
    You clearly have self esteem issues that need to be addressed.

I assure you no one is pissing themselves laughing or screenshotting this post, because honestly? No one would care enough. You care far more about this than anyone else would, most people on a daily basis won't even notice you because they are going about their own lives. So go about your life and find ways to gain some confidence.

ReputationRep:
    That is very true, life is so complex isn't it? Sorry I'm just having a moment tonight where I'm looking at life from certain perspectives, I'm glad you replied though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parwaz786)
    That is very true, life is so complex isn't it? Sorry I'm just having a moment tonight where I'm looking at life from certain perspectives, I'm glad you replied though
    Offtopic I know but please could you help out in this thread?
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...94270&page=156 (Even if it is only one number you post?) Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably just taken over by paranoia and my depression/anxiety, but whenever I go to a new academic place (for example lets say when I went to different college open days).

Now you see all these students CHOSEN to represent the college and whatever subject/course, am I the only one who just glances there and thinks "Look at him/her, must be very educated to have gotten in and be confident etc etc be way more advanced than me... etc etc... I'm not as good etc... you know what I mean?

You're probably pissing yourself laughing and screenshotting this now because I am a weird crackpot! xD
    Does your paranoia affect other parts of your life? If so, I'd suggest you check it up.
    As to your post, well, no. Can you imagine someone like Paul Dirac, one of the smartest physicists of all time who also was incredibly introverted and hated talking to people, being chosen to represent a uni?

ReputationRep:
    My advice? When in this state get off social media, it rarely helps. Put on a film or something you enjoy or read or whatever and go to sleep (since it's so late).

Don't look for approval from others online, or write posts about why you're a "crackpot". It won't help. You need to find a way to deal with your mind set and find a way out of it, but dwelling on it on social media and actively putting yourself down is not going to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Does your paranoia affect other parts of your life? If so, I'd suggest you check it up.
    As to your post, well, no. Can you imagine someone like Paul Dirac, one of the smartest physicists of all time who also was incredibly introverted and hated talking to people, being chosen to represent a uni?
    Ahh I feel better now, thanks!
    And yep, for example I hate walking in public places, feel like a spotlight is on me, it's just depression/anxiety which is quite common and tbh it feels like there's a thick fog in my mind

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I feel better now, thanks!
    And yep, for example I hate walking in public places, feel like a spotlight is on me, it's just depression/anxiety which is quite common and tbh it feels like there's a thick fog in my mind
    Just get it checked. My friend had similar emotions, he went to a therapist and he swears by it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone, how do I delete this thread? Feel like I shouldn't have written it in the first place tbh now.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that weird but it's definitely wrong! If you're looking at studying there you are as good or almost as good as they are (and potentially better!).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.