Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Everyone is impressive in their own and unique way. You just need to find people who find your 'natural impressiveness' impressive enough.When you try to fake and make yourself sound/ seem impressive in a different way than you actually are, it surely does helps you a little bit with the whole 'getting people to like you' process but it's temporary and fades away and then you're back to phase 1 where you try to repeat the whole act but alas, people already know that you're faking it and you basically end up being a walking, talking, living, breathing machine that turns people off. So just focusing on who you truly are and improvising that would be the best thing to do and also, the most impressive thing as well.
    Well, I'm not sure everyone knows who they "truly are". It's a rather nebulous thing. Personality is malleable.

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I mean, I would..can't speak for everyone but yes I think the initial reaction would be positive.
    Tbh I wouldn't mind having someone who's sexually attractive touching me lol whereas if it's someone who I'm not attracted to and ugly (shallow I know, sorry) I'd be like ew no thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ask him out for a change? I'd find that pretty impressive, seeing as most girls don't do it.

(Original post by UWS)
    Make round rotis.
    Is that your go to statement now? Haha, luckily for me I already know how to make perfect round rotis naturally , so it's going to take more than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Tbh I wouldn't mind having someone who's sexually attractive touching me lol whereas if it's someone who I'm not attracted to and ugly (shallow I know, sorry) I'd be like ew no thanks
    Well we're not just talking touching, we're talking touching genitals, which is fairly extreme lol. But I mean it's fairly obvious that people usually don't want to be touched in any sexual manner by someone they don't find attractive, nothing wrong with that...I think most guys wouldn't be impressed by the aforementioned move if they considered the girl to be ugly.

Well we're not just talking touching, we're talking touching genitals, which is fairly extreme lol. But I mean it's fairly obvious that people usually don't want to be touched in any sexual manner by someone they don't find attractive, nothing wrong with that...I think most guys wouldn't be impressed by the aforementioned move if they considered the girl to be ugly.
    That's what I was referring to. I don't want to touched sexually by someone I don't find attractive

ReputationRep:
    If you have to try to get him to like you, then why would you want to be with someone who you can't be yourself with?

If you're confident in yourself then that should be enough. Everyone can work on self-improvement, but it shouldn't be done superficially so that others are impressed by you. You being yourself should be impressive enough to him if you want it to work out.

Don't

ReputationRep:
      Well, I'm not sure everyone knows who they "truly are". It's a rather nebulous thing. Personality is malleable.
      When I talked about being who you truly are, I was not referring to some complicated search about finding out your exact self or something but rather was just referring to being yourself and not trying to be someone else like people often do when they like someone. I never said that personality wasn't malleable or anything, however, nature isn't, which is what I was talking about.

ReputationRep:
      Be yourself. It's the most impressive thing anyone can do.

ReputationRep:
      Now that we have a little more information about the situation I'm gonna say that if I saw a nice girl dressed like a tramp moonwalking all over the place with good smooth style I'd be preeeety impressed.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RobML)
      Why were you studying in a restaurant?
      It was a language exchange. Not a formal study session as such.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.