Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE mocks are in a few days and I'm so terrified because I haven't revised at all. I'm predicted all A* but there's no way I'm going to do well in the mocks and I'm really freaking out about it. It's all my fault and I should've studied during the holidays but I honestly haven't even opened a book once. Maths and English I'm especially nervous for. Should I pull all nighters every night?? I have no idea what to do and how to study now. Please give any advice thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was in your position 2 years ago in year 11. I know exactly how you feel

I was basically a student who was struggling with school a bit, I was a decent student but not the best. I would be lucky to get a B, but normally C, D and E grades.

Anyway, in year 11 I did REALLY bad in my mocks. It was from September 2014 I told myself I'm gonna start soon, but eventually when it came to the real exams in Summer, I still hadn't revised. Only about an hour for each subject.

All nighters are a no no. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water and have a bar of chocolate before the exam because apparently the sugars stimulate the brain.

DO NOT think you're a failure. I repeat, DO NOT. You must go into the exam hall with a positive attitude. If you believe you can pass, you're already halfway there.

I was working at an E grade in English for my controlled assessments and my teacher didn't think I'd get a grade C, but I did what I mentioned above and I smashed it and got the grade C, was actually close to a B tbh!

ALSO Make sure timing is important. Bring a watch with you incase the exam hall clock runs out of battery. Don't spend too long on a question, you'll need the vital time for other questions, or you may not. You never know

So that's what I was like in year 11, you'll be fine I honestly didn't think I could pass any exam, to a point where I was looking at colleges with no entry requirements (can't believe it, but that's the exam stress for ya!) I could've done better if I revised. In the entire year 11 period I only did about a week's worth of revision IIRC.

Good luck! You CAN do it!

ReputationRep:
    Wow thanks so much. I usually never panic like this but I don't know it just all hit me that I've done literally nothing and all my friends are talking about how stressed they are but they've studied tons.
    (Original post by Parwaz786)

I was basically a student who was struggling with school a bit, I was a decent student but not the best. I would be lucky to get a B, but normally C, D and E grades.

Anyway, in year 11 I did REALLY bad in my mocks. It was from September 2014 I told myself I'm gonna start soon, but eventually when it came to the real exams in Summer, I still hadn't revised. Only about an hour for each subject.

All nighters are a no no. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water and have a bar of chocolate before the exam because apparently the sugars stimulate the brain.

DO NOT think you're a failure. I repeat, DO NOT. You must go into the exam hall with a positive attitude. If you believe you can pass, you're already halfway there.

I was working at an E grade in English for my controlled assessments and my teacher didn't think I'd get a grade C, but I did what I mentioned above and I smashed it and got the grade C, was actually close to a B tbh!

ALSO Make sure timing is important. Bring a watch with you incase the exam hall clock runs out of battery. Don't spend too long on a question, you'll need the vital time for other questions, or you may not. You never know

So that's what I was like in year 11, you'll be fine I honestly didn't think I could pass any exam, to a point where I was looking at colleges with no entry requirements (can't believe it, but that's the exam stress for ya!) I could've done better if I revised. In the entire year 11 period I only did about a week's worth of revision IIRC.

(Original post by Parwaz786)

ReputationRep:
    No problem. Also some people need more revision than others, my friends did hardcore revision whereas I sat back at home chilling and as a result we got similar results

It just depends on the person really, though I recommend you take my advice I mentioned in my previous comment

I can totally relate to you and it's very common

Al this worry shows that you care

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.