Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have been considering applying to either Warwick's MSc in International Business or UCL's MSc in Management program, but am unsure which one is better. I have spent countless hours researching and am hoping for some help because I am stuck, and cannot afford to apply to all of the ones that I have been researching! I am from the United States and am looking to go into management consulting. I'm set on going to the U.K. because schooling is cheaper, and I want the experience abroad. However, after graduation I would like to be able to go back to the states and work, so it is important for me to see which uni is more recognized globally, if either.

I know UCL is a very good school in London, and is in the city which appeals to me as I fear Warwick is too far from everything. However, Warwick's program is AACSB accredited, which I think is important but am not sure if consultancies care much about this. I also like UCL's more hands-on real world approach with the consulting projects they require, as opposed to Warwick's research based dissertation.
    Finally, I looked up graduate employment at both schools and see a strong presence of top consulting companies at both. My goal is to get into a well-known consulting firm, but I am not picky which one that is. As application deadlines for international students are coming up soon, I do not have much time to decide.

PLEASE HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Top consulting firms in UK recruit from both universities. The question is how the same consulting firms in US look at the same universities. Consulting firms do not only look at the university but other criteria in addition to academic qualifications. Can you not apply to both first and decide later?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for responding to my post. I have decided to apply to both and decide then. I have also been considering (and will most likely apply) to King's College MSc in International Management as well. I know not as many reputable businesses recruit from there, but am hoping to still be able to secure my ideal job. I guess it comes down to if I have to work in the UK and then ask to be transferred to the US later on, it is what I'll have to do. Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amn2017)
    Thank you for responding to my post. I have decided to apply to both and decide then. I have also been considering (and will most likely apply) to King's College MSc in International Management as well. I know not as many reputable businesses recruit from there, but am hoping to still be able to secure my ideal job. I guess it comes down to if I have to work in the UK and then ask to be transferred to the US later on, it is what I'll have to do. Thanks again!
    Great. Have you considered London Business School's MSc in Management?

ReputationRep:
    I did. That would be ideal but as I am trying to enroll for September start date I would not have time to prepare and take the GMAT before applying, unfortunately.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.