Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I want to do an undergraduate degree in Economics and Politics, assuming I get at least a 2:1, does this mean I will be able to do a Masters in Economics or something related like Finance and Economics, as the entry requirements state that the undergraduate degree needs to have "significant Economics/quantitative content", any advice would be appreciated thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If your undergrad degree is in economics then it will have substantive economics content. What you're talking about is for people who don't have a degree in economics. When you come to applying you can always email the uni to check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    If your undergrad degree is in economics then it will have substantive economics content. What you're talking about is for people who don't have a degree in economics. When you come to applying you can always email the uni to check.
    yeahh i just realised - called up nottingham they said it should be fine, but if not i can take a 9 month conversion course if i have to, in order to prepare for the math content in the masters. its a bit expensive like £9k, then £10k or whatever for the masters, but I think i'll be a UK citizen by then, can you get student loan for a masters course? i won't be able to get one for my undergrad since im not a UK citizen atm, but i will be by then..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    All these ifs and buts are not going to get you anywhere at this point as things are very fluid and can change. If you were applying for a masters as a UK citizen now then yes you'd be eligible for a loan but that's not the case so I suggest you worry about what's happening now and worry about what'll happen later when the time comes. It's good that you have a plan but you are dependent on how things are when you come to applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    All these ifs and buts are not going to get you anywhere at this point as things are very fluid and can change. If you were applying for a masters as a UK citizen now then yes you'd be eligible for a loan but that's not the case so I suggest you worry about what's happening now and worry about what'll happen later when the time comes. It's good that you have a plan but you are dependent on how things are when you come to applying.
    Yep i understand that, just want to make sure i have some direction or idea of what to do/expect later i guess, of course things will change in 4 years but there will likely by similarities

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.