Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First ever assessment centre, extremely nervous!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any tips would be kindly appreciated?.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been told what will be involved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syrianprince)
    For which company? Hard to give tips without knowing which exercises you will be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    For which company? Hard to give tips without knowing which exercises you will be doing.
    PwC assurance graduate, I think it's group exercise and case study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dusky Mauve)
    Have you been told what will be involved?
    Group exercise and case study analysis, they didn't give any further info

ReputationRep:
    For your group assessment, do not dominate the group. Offer to take charge of time and remind your group when you're half way up etc. Address others by their name. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    PwC assurance graduate, I think it's group exercise and case study.
    Ive done PwC AC and compared to the others, its quite manageable.

Group exercise - if you can address people by name then you should. Also make eye contact with everyone whilst they speak, or whilst you speak to the group. These are two of the points that I was told they look for when I got feedback.

Case study - You need to start writing almost immediately or you may run out of time.

If you want some detailed information about what each task is, the content etc then inbox me and Ill go in to detail about each one.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! On WikiJob, there are loads of people who have taken part in the PwC assessment centre and shared their experiences in great detail. It's worth checking out: https://www.wikijob.co.uk/search?q=pwc

I hope this is helpful, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammmaaaraah)
    For your group assessment, do not dominate the group. Offer to take charge of time and remind your group when you're half way up etc. Address others by their name. Good luck
    I'd say this is actually quite poor advice, and it depends on what people are in your group. If there's only one other 'leader' in your group, you should attempt to lead alongside them. Do not just take the time, as this is just your typical 'time keeper' role in group exercises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naturallygreezy)
    I'd say this is actually quite poor advice, and it depends on what people are in your group. If there's only one other 'leader' in your group, you should attempt to lead alongside them. Do not just take the time, as this is just your typical 'time keeper' role in group exercises.
    I'd also like to add to this point be saying that time keeping is often redundant in group exercises, as the tasks have been designed to take much longer than the allocated time to put you under pressure.

My advice is to just be involved as possible. Don't shoot other people down and don't take a back seat. Make suggestions and offer to take on tasks. Don't take it too seriously, normal conversation would be light hearted, so smile, stay calm and show your true personality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm just saying what advice I was given from my feedback and from what i've read online

ReputationRep:
    If you want to have a look at sample exercises that are likely to come up in your assessment centres check 'in-tray exercies' online there's plenty of resources. I'd recommend looking at either your uni career website or the company called Graduates First - that's how I prepared for my assessment centre with EY.

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense.

If a candidate offers to keep time in a time critical task they play a pivotal role - where they will particularly shine if the team is successful in keeping within the allocated time.

Secondly, you're suggesting the candidate 'leads alongside' - redundant advice.

Speak up, but don't talk for the sake of talking. Offer valuable, intelligent input and hold back from assigning roles to people (as you don't know everyone's strengths). Speak clearly and assertively, offer solutions, not problems. Praise and acknowledge good ideas, think of ways of making weaker ones stronger - but ultimately, influence the group to your way of thinking (not necessarily on every point, but on one or two relevant, critical points). That's about the only sound advice needed.

There's no right of wrong answers in group exercises, you're being marked on how you interact with and respond to different people. Don't over think it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.