Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I was just wondering in general how well is Warwick University? Also in terms of student life and accommodation is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emwilliams044)
    Hello, I was just wondering in general how well is Warwick University? Also in terms of student life and accommodation is it any good?
    I enjoy it greatly here. I can't speak for all of the uni, but my accommodation is lovely. I am sat here now and my room is warm, toasty and it is very peaceful (no one is back). Student life is often seen as a negative and my opinion isn't worth much as I don't liek clubbing but, on the one occasion I did go out I *hated* it but my friends had a good time. Additionally, my friends will ofte go drinking each week so it must be good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    I enjoy it greatly here. I can't speak for all of the uni, but my accommodation is lovely. I am sat here now and my room is warm, toasty and it is very peaceful (no one is back). Student life is often seen as a negative and my opinion isn't worth much as I don't liek clubbing but, on the one occasion I did go out I *hated* it but my friends had a good time. Additionally, my friends will ofte go drinking each week so it must be good?
    Ahh okay thank you very much. Also did you opt for living in halls with catered or self catered and which would you say is the best option?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay thank you very much. Also did you opt for living in halls with catered or self catered and which would you say is the best option?
    All are self-catered

ReputationRep:
    All are self-catered
    Oh that's fab thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's fab thank you very much
    No worries. Do you have any other questions?

ReputationRep:
    No worries. Do you have any other questions?
    I was also wondering if like the campus is close by like the town of Warwick or is it quite far out and also whether it is far from the accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I was also wondering if like the campus is close by like the town of Warwick or is it quite far out and also whether it is far from the accommodation?
    Not close to Warwick at all. It is in Coventry and the closest place of interest is Leamington Spa.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I am sat here now and my room is warm, toasty
    My room was FREEZING.

There was a vent behind the door which led directly outside - no insulation or anything just a metal grill straight through the wall. So the cold air blew in. To make it worse it joined the smoking area so often I'd be sitting in my room breathing in all the smoke. I told the residential tutor about it and he wasn't really bothered so I bought a cheap, portable heater.

ReputationRep:
    Not close to Warwick at all. It is in Coventry and the closest place of interest is Leamington Spa.
    Ahh okay
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSEboi)
    I'm thinking about applying for Rootes if I come to Warwick, however I am quite worried about sharing a toilet. Are they usually clean? Also do you know if it's possible to actually get a good sleep because I heard it's quite loud? Thank you!
    I lived in Tocil which had shared 3 bathrooms (2 showers, 1 bath). Never had a problem with them being dirty. Although in my 2nd year some of the girls kept using all the toilet paper and, unlike 1st year, this cleaner didn't leave extra out which was annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a day where we can go and look at all the accomadation? I saw a few on the open day but a majority were closed I assumed they did a day where applicants could go see all the accomodation like other Unis do but I can't find anything on if.

ReputationRep:
    Your description sounded so lovely, I'm so excited to move in and start living the uni life. Did you get your first choice option for accommodation when you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romaiseb)
    Your description sounded so lovely, I'm so excited to move in and start living the uni life. Did you get your first choice option for accommodation when you applied?
    Funnily enough, no! There is a bit of a joke. No matter what you apply for, if you put Westwood anywhere, you will get it. In hindsight it was the best choice.

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough, no! There is a bit of a joke. No matter what you apply for, if you put Westwood anywhere, you will get it. In hindsight it was the best choice.
    How far is the uni from the town or like shops/clubs because I saw the coventry shopping centre is like a 30 min bus ride

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anxsha__)
    How far is the uni from the town or like shops/clubs because I saw the coventry shopping centre is like a 30 min bus ride
    Roughly so. I personally prefer Leamo which is probably same time, just different direction.

ReputationRep:
    Again, student life is what you make out of it. Even if you don't like going clubbing, there should be enough alternatives for you to keep yourself busy. I'm a first year in Old Rootes and I'm enjoying it more than anything. (Luckily enough, I ended up in one of the more 'calmer' floors) When I'm not busy studying, there are always other things to do, going to to the gym, the student cinema, the Arts Centre cinema, badminton club session, all sorts of sports.
    Always try and make new friends on a regular basis, it keeps you motivated

Also, if you definitely want an ensuite, make sure you put 3 ensuites, Claycroft and 1 shared accommodation to maximise your chances
    If you want a specific shared accommodation, go for 1 shared - 3 ensuites - 1 shared, as you'll likely get your first choice shared.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.