Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to study Zoology in September and I'm trying to finalise my UCAS application but I'm stuck with my fifth choice. Originally it was between Hull and LJMU but I've just realised that Nottingham Trent also offers my course with similar entry requirements as Hull and LJMU, it's also closer to where my family will be moving to this year.

I'm a little on the fence with Hull as I hear that the city is a bit rough, though I've never been there so I can't just go on that as some people say it's not as bad as people say.

LJMU is of course in Liverpool which I hear is a great city for students though the uni itself is lower in the tables.

NTU is decent from what I hear, although not prestigious like Nottingham, it seems to be decent for Biological Sciences and as I said, it has similar entry requirements to the other two unis, which is what I want as a kind of safety net if my other choices don't offer me a place.

If anyone can give me some insight as to what it is like to study at any of these universities then that would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Bump - Btw my other choices are Sussex, Bangor, Derby and Anglia Ruskin. Would it be worth changing one of my choices to one of my other choices above if they're better? I know Anglia Ruskin is much lower down in the rankings but I did attend an open day and it seems good enough to me, not to mention they have a good Zoology degree structure and good abroad experiences.
    Also Derby offers a joint honours programme which does appeal to me, even though Derby also isn't a highly ranked uni.

ReputationRep:
    Bump againnn, hoping to get things sent off asap

ReputationRep:
    Do you know which Nottingham Trent campus you'd be on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameliablc)
    Do you know which Nottingham Trent campus you'd be on?
    Brackenhurst I believe.

ReputationRep:
    i wold go ljmu.. they have a costa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassan2578)
    i wold go ljmu.. they have a costa
    Duly noted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)
    Brackenhurst I believe.
    It's a pretty area but not really near anything, so I don't know if that would affect your decision

ReputationRep:
    It's a pretty area but not really near anything, so I don't know if that would affect your decision
    I'm not that social so I'm not looking to a buzzing nightlife or anything lol but I don't drive, so depending on how good the bus service is? Since I'd like to go into the city from time to time

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that social so I'm not looking to a buzzing nightlife or anything lol but I don't drive, so depending on how good the bus service is? Since I'd like to go into the city from time to time
    I'm not completely sure about the bus service but I doubt it would be a problem

ReputationRep:
    I'm not completely sure about the bus service but I doubt it would be a problem
    I would assume it's decent, or how else would most students get around lol thank you for the information though

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to study Zoology in September and I'm trying to finalise my UCAS application but I'm stuck with my fifth choice. Originally it was between Hull and LJMU but I've just realised that Nottingham Trent also offers my course with similar entry requirements as Hull and LJMU, it's also closer to where my family will be moving to this year.

I'm a little on the fence with Hull as I hear that the city is a bit rough, though I've never been there so I can't just go on that as some people say it's not as bad as people say.

LJMU is of course in Liverpool which I hear is a great city for students though the uni itself is lower in the tables.

NTU is decent from what I hear, although not prestigious like Nottingham, it seems to be decent for Biological Sciences and as I said, it has similar entry requirements to the other two unis, which is what I want as a kind of safety net if my other choices don't offer me a place.

If anyone can give me some insight as to what it is like to study at any of these universities then that would be greatly appreciated!
    I don't live in hull but I'm always there. Yeah it's rough. But student life is amazing, it's cheap, everything is close by, city of culture. There are so many good things about it. I love it and I'm hoping to transfer there in September just see for yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1204)
    I don't live in hull but I'm always there. Yeah it's rough. But student life is amazing, it's cheap, everything is close by, city of culture. There are so many good things about it. I love it and I'm hoping to transfer there in September just see for yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh thank you for that! I've decided to make them my fifth choice anyway since it seems decent enough and I hear they're decent for my course, thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.