Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is work colleague being selfish or am I ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Having a little bit of a problem I struggle to get to work on a bus because its so far away from home , so my work colleague offered and said if u can get dropped off at my house in the morning and get picked up from my house when were on the way home u can have a lift , so shes not going out of her way what so ever , she has is now making me pay petrol every month and it frustrates me so much I can do it its just im struggling as I got my own family and im on an apprenticeship , I need advice am I being selfish because shes right or is she being the selfish one , also this woman is incredibly nosy and when im on the phone in the car she asks who.im texting , and if I have got.any gossip for her.also comments on the way I dress look I wang to go nuts but it helps because I need to work so I have to put up with it

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand what you're saying. She does or doesn't make you pay for petrol? Either way its her choice tbh. Of course it doesn't make a difference to her because she'll still be making a journey from her home to work. Personally I wouldn't charge someone for a lift, however its her car. Wouldn't say she's selfish maybe a bit greedy (?). If you took the bus you'd still be paying too so how is this any different.

As for her being nosy, maybe get off your phone and make a conversation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If she's driving you to work then yes, you should pay her petrol. It's you who is wrong here. She's still helping you out so your family is irrelevant - you'd be paying for a bus so there's no difference to paying her, it's just easier for you to get a lift.

Don't complain about her - it's ungrateful. Either you want the lift or you don't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.