Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tastiest food you recently ate Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    A burger from 7Bone in Southampton. I spend most of time in Europe and usually try to hunt down a well reviewed burger joint, and majority are massive disappointments compared to the best of the UK's burger scene. It's good to know whenever I dock in Southampton I get to enjoy a proper high quality burger :coma:
    What are your favourite burger places in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Definetly Gourmet Burger Kitchen 👌🏻

ReputationRep:
    I had this really good roasted salmon, it was low key godly 😍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memequeen14)
    Good milkshake terrible burgers. Nothing remotely gourmet about them.

ReputationRep:
    Good milkshake terrible burgers. Nothing remotely gourmet about them.
    The one near me is goid which one have you been to?

ReputationRep:
    The one near me is goid which one have you been to?
    Windsor and liverpool. Fiveguys is okay..reminds me of california. Handmade burger co is also okay..but im after something special, not average like byrons or other chains
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham: Original Patty Men (my overall favourite), The Meat Shack
    London: MeatLiquor (2nd favourites, also counts the other restaurants they own), Bleecker Street
    Brighton: MeatLiquor, Troll's Pantry (wherever they're cooking these days, last time I went they had a residency at the Hobgoblin Pub), Burger Bros
    Manchester: Almost Famous
    Glasgow: Bread Meats Bread
    Bristol: Meatliquor
    Southampton/Bournemouth: 7Bone
    Best franchise/chain: Byron
    Best fast food (5 mins or less between ordering and serving): Five Guys

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate my sister just brought me from Belgium...:love:

never eaten a 400 g chocolate bar so fast lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Birmingham: Original Patty Men (my overall favourite), The Meat Shack
    London: MeatLiquor, Bleecker Street
    Brighton: MeatLiquor, Troll's Pantry (wherever they're cooking these days, last time I went they had a residency at the Hobgoblin Pub), Burger Bros
    Manchester: Almost Famous
    Glasgow: Bread Meats Bread
    Bristol: Meatliquor
    Southampton/Bournemouth: 7Bone
    Best franchise/chain: Byron
    Best fast food (5 mins or less between ordering and serving): Five Guys
    Almost famous is interesting. I usually order the bacon bacon fries and river pheonix. Not a massive fan of byron. Will check out the other places
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Almost famous is interesting. I usually order the bacon bacon fries and river pheonix. Not a massive fan of byron. Will check out the other places
    I never used to be a fan of them either, I used to rate them lower than GBK, but the three times I've been in the last year have been a lot better. I still think they sit lower than any independent restaurant/group that's worth its salt, but I feel like I can depend on them for a solid burger if there's nothing else around.

Windsor and liverpool. Fiveguys is okay..reminds me of california. Handmade burger co is also okay..but im after something special, not average like byrons or other chains
    Handmade Burger Co are probably my least favourite chain, I've consistently had really poor burgers there on the rare occasions I've been dragged there.

Where about in the country do you live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I never used to be a fan of them either, I used to rate them lower than GBK, but the three times I've been in the last year have been a lot better. I still think they sit lower than any independent restaurant/group that's worth its salt, but I feel like I can depend on them for a solid burger if there's nothing else around.

Handmade Burger Co are probably my least favourite chain, I've consistently had really poor burgers there on the rare occasions I've been dragged there.

Where about in the country do you live?
    Hertfordshire, my nearest GBK is Brent Cross x
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire, my nearest GBK is Brent Cross x
    If you travel down to Brent Cross, then you should definitely jump on the Tube and try one of the faaaaar better burger joints in London :yep: MeatLiquor is my go-to and they have a small handful of restaurants dotted around London

http://meatliquor.com

ReputationRep:
    Marmite
    Live the stuff

ReputationRep:
    Dominos Franks hot wings.
    Crunchy BBQ wings.
    Bbq ribs
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I got some "bacon cheeseburger cheese" the other day. It has little bits of bacon in and a sort of smokey meaty flavor. It's so good. Everytime I get a drink or something in the kitchen I cut off a sliver. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    BBQ chicken burger, and some BBQ wings :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Crunchy BBQ wings.
    Bbq ribs
    You can make these yourself at home btw but much, much better.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Crunchy BBQ wings.
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You can make these yourself at home btw but much, much better.
    ^^^What he said, much cheaper too! You don't even need a deep fryer and they're guaranteed to be crispy rather than risking being steamed on the way to your house in a cardboard box.

My method for "oven fried" chicken wings
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ingredients:
    *1 pack of chicken wings
    *1 bottle of Franks Hot Sauce
    *Coarse sea salt
    *Knob of butter (optional)

1. Preheat your oven to 200C fan (or 220C fanless)
    2. While the oven is preheating, place a couple of layers of kitchen towel on a plate. Take the chicken wings out of the packet and place them on the pape skin-side up, then cover with another couple of layers of kitchen towel (and press it into all the gaps to ensure maximum contact with the skin). The key factor for crispy wings in the oven is to get the chicken skin as dry as possible so we're removing as much moisture as we can before going into the oven. After the first ten minutes change the top layers of towel, which can then be left on until ready to cook.
    3. When the oven has reached temperature, place a wire cooling rack into a baking tray that will fit it, and place the chicken wings on the rack skin-side up. The gap between the bottom.of the wings and the bottom of the tray created by the rack allows airflow under the wings, allowing even cooking without the need for turning.
    4. Sprinkle the wings liberally with sea salt and place in the oven for at least half an hour (40 mins if you're using very large wings). After this time check the colour of the chicken skin. If it's still fairly pale, give them another ten minutes- we're looking for noticeable browning here. When it's taken on a decent brown shade, give the skin a tap to ensure it's crispy, then remove from the oven if you're satisfied. If you're using larger wings, cut into one at this point to ensure the meat has cooked all the way through to the bone. If you're happy with the cooking, leave them to rest for about 5 minutes.
    5. While the chicken wings are resting, add as much Franks sauce as you feel is necessary to coat the wings to your liking (I personally like a relatively thin coating on wings rather than having them drowning in sauce) to a saucepan and warm over a low heat. An optional step at this point is to add a knob of butter to the sauce- the technical difference between hot sauce and buffalo sauce is whether or not butter has been added. For me I'm a fan of buffalo sauce on wings. Once the sauce has warmed through and the wings have tested, add the wings to a mixing bowl (or large saucepan if you don't have a large bowl) and pour over the sauce, tossing them to coat. Then transfer to a plate/bowl and enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    If you travel down to Brent Cross, then you should definitely jump on the Tube and try one of the faaaaar better burger joints in London :yep: MeatLiquor is my go-to and they have a small handful of restaurants dotted around London

http://meatliquor.com

It's shopping though 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovetsr 0)
    Marmite
    Live the stuff

You either love it or you hate it 😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.