Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Moving home and commuting - change of circumstances Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a second year student and have been receiving the minimum maintenance loan for living in student housing.
    After the Christmas break I'm moving out of student accommodation and will be commuting from home and am aware that I need to inform student finance of my change of circumstances as my loan will have to go down, but I can't find any way to do so. SF Northern Ireland and Wales both have easily accessible change of circumstances forms online but there's no equivalent for England that I can get hold of.
    Because they have no email address (why?), I tweeted them. They told me to update my profile and then said it may not be possible to update that particular information - needless to say, it wasn't - then told me to use the form and sent a few strange messages about changing my course when I said that that was what I'd needed them to give me access to from the start. Long story short, no form.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do? This all feels like a lot of hassle and very little help just to be given even less money than the peanuts I receive already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiracyan)
    I am a second year student and have been receiving the minimum maintenance loan for living in student housing.
    After the Christmas break I'm moving out of student accommodation and will be commuting from home and am aware that I need to inform student finance of my change of circumstances as my loan will have to go down, but I can't find any way to do so. SF Northern Ireland and Wales both have easily accessible change of circumstances forms online but there's no equivalent for England that I can get hold of.
    Because they have no email address (why?), I tweeted them. They told me to update my profile and then said it may not be possible to update that particular information - needless to say, it wasn't - then told me to use the form and sent a few strange messages about changing my course when I said that that was what I'd needed them to give me access to from the start. Long story short, no form.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do? This all feels like a lot of hassle and very little help just to be given even less money than the peanuts I receive already.
    Call them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Call them
    I've tried a couple of times and been put on hold for ridiculous lengths of time. I'll keep at it, of course, but was hoping someone might be able to direct me to the form.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.