Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice.
    I did my undergrad in Speech and language therapy and I graduated in 2011. I didn't persue this as a career and have been working in education for the past 4 years. I have now decided that I'm ready to return to university and I'd like to apply for OT.
    I've looked at postgrad courses in OT, and there's plenty of them available, for which I am now applying. However, I was wondering if I should hedge my bets by also applying for undergrad courses (sometimes at the same uni) or if this would be a bad idea?
    I would prefer graduate entry because the course is a year shorter but I am now starting to worry that universities will look unfavorably on my application as I will be 6 years out of education.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Or does anyone have any advice
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong in hedging your bets and applying for undergrad degrees too, universities won't care (I doubt they will even know - undergraduate and postgraduate admissions are usually administered by different people, even in the same department).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.