Turn on thread page Beta

Books To Read For 2017 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    List of books I'd like to read this year, just wanted to make my own thread so I can review etc. in my own time. Some are rereads (LOTR), some are books recommended and some are just books it seems everyone should read at least once. Hope I get through most of them.

Name:  Books.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  125.4 KB

Inc. Naturally Enhanced by AlphaDestiny

ReputationRep:
    Started The Lies of Locke Lamora, roommate had a paperback copy and I've heard good things about it so why not. So much for the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    x
    I was thinking of making one of these threads myself - I've found it useful in the past to look back and see what I've read and how my thoughts have changed.

I think you have a good list of books there to read - most of them I have either read (and enjoyed) or have on my own to-read list.

Am interested in reading your reviews as you get through your list - hope you have a good year filled with joyous reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    I was thinking of making one of these threads myself - I've found it useful in the past to look back and see what I've read and how my thoughts have changed.

I think you have a good list of books there to read - most of them I have either read (and enjoyed) or have on my own to-read list.

Am interested in reading your reviews as you get through your list - hope you have a good year filled with joyous reading.
    Thanks so much, very kind of you to say that. Yeah I wanted my own thread as it'd be easier for my posts to not get lost in a swamp of others.

I hope I can review Lies of Locke Lamora soon, it's quite difficult reading with so much work, I have no doubt the bulk of my reading will be in the summer, but I'd like to get through some and keep a steady tempo leading up to that point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    Thanks so much, very kind of you to say that. Yeah I wanted my own thread as it'd be easier for my posts to not get lost in a swamp of others.

I hope I can review Lies of Locke Lamora soon, it's quite difficult reading with so much work, I have no doubt the bulk of my reading will be in the summer, but I'd like to get through some and keep a steady tempo leading up to that point.
    How's the reading going?

ReputationRep:
    How's the reading going?
    Literally non existent unfortunately So much work at the moment, 10k words due in 3 weeks but hopefully after that I can get through book 1

ReputationRep:
    How's the reading going?
    I've actually started reading, but not the book I was meant to, currently 30% through the first volume of LOTR (Fellowship), forgotten what an amazing world it is, probably been 4 years since I last read it, if not longer.

ReputationRep:
    Finished Fellowship, Easter has started hopefully I can get through the next two at a good pace.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently getting through The Stand, so far so good. Not great that I also have a cold whilst reading it but oh well...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.