Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    List of books I'd like to read this year, just wanted to make my own thread so I can review etc. in my own time. Some are rereads (LOTR), some are books recommended and some are just books it seems everyone should read at least once. Hope I get through most of them.

Name:  Books.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  125.4 KB

Inc. Naturally Enhanced by AlphaDestiny

ReputationRep:
    Started The Lies of Locke Lamora, roommate had a paperback copy and I've heard good things about it so why not. So much for the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    x
    I was thinking of making one of these threads myself - I've found it useful in the past to look back and see what I've read and how my thoughts have changed.

I think you have a good list of books there to read - most of them I have either read (and enjoyed) or have on my own to-read list.

Am interested in reading your reviews as you get through your list - hope you have a good year filled with joyous reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    I was thinking of making one of these threads myself - I've found it useful in the past to look back and see what I've read and how my thoughts have changed.

I think you have a good list of books there to read - most of them I have either read (and enjoyed) or have on my own to-read list.

Am interested in reading your reviews as you get through your list - hope you have a good year filled with joyous reading.
    Thanks so much, very kind of you to say that. Yeah I wanted my own thread as it'd be easier for my posts to not get lost in a swamp of others.

I hope I can review Lies of Locke Lamora soon, it's quite difficult reading with so much work, I have no doubt the bulk of my reading will be in the summer, but I'd like to get through some and keep a steady tempo leading up to that point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    Thanks so much, very kind of you to say that. Yeah I wanted my own thread as it'd be easier for my posts to not get lost in a swamp of others.

I hope I can review Lies of Locke Lamora soon, it's quite difficult reading with so much work, I have no doubt the bulk of my reading will be in the summer, but I'd like to get through some and keep a steady tempo leading up to that point.
    How's the reading going?

ReputationRep:
    How's the reading going?
    Literally non existent unfortunately So much work at the moment, 10k words due in 3 weeks but hopefully after that I can get through book 1

ReputationRep:
    How's the reading going?
    I've actually started reading, but not the book I was meant to, currently 30% through the first volume of LOTR (Fellowship), forgotten what an amazing world it is, probably been 4 years since I last read it, if not longer.

ReputationRep:
    Finished Fellowship, Easter has started hopefully I can get through the next two at a good pace.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently getting through The Stand, so far so good. Not great that I also have a cold whilst reading it but oh well...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.