Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long do you spend studying outside of taught hours? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Stero-typically you either have students studying all the time in the library or see them drinking. When I go to my university library,I see 6-10 people every time at maximum... I was just wondering how long everyone spends,on average,studying? I spend about 2 hours a day after taught hours studying and around assignment/exam time,can spend 8-9 hours a day studying! I'm on a small break at the minute actually, been doing my assignment since 11
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Cheesecake1917)
    Stero-typically you either have students studying all the time in the library or see them drinking. When I go to my university library,I see 6-10 people every time at maximum... I was just wondering how long everyone spends,on average,studying? I spend about 2 hours a day after taught hours studying and around assignment/exam time,can spend 8-9 hours a day studying! I'm on a small break at the minute actually, been doing my assignment since 11
    Hello!

It definitely varies for every student - like you said, there are the students that spend all their time in the library and others that spend next to no time in the library. At our university, the library always seems to be full!

Personally, it depends for me. It depends on the modules - how many taught hours we are getting for a module and what not. Generally, I can produce an assignment extremely quickly as I do all my research first, planning and then just do it. So weekly, I'd say I could spend anywhere from 4 to 10 additional hours. However, like I said, it can vary from being more or less!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.