Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hello, does anyone have any useful tips to achieve 19/20, 20/20 for the AQA GCSE Double Science ISA Paper 1?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Again anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Again anyone?
    Make sure that you carefully read the question, you want to include as much information as you can. You are allowed to use extra paper so make sure everything you write is detailed and well reasoned. As you know what your investigation is in advance you can write a method in advance and get good practice at using advanced vocabulary.

Most of the questions in paper 1 are similar from year to year. Have a look online to see if you can find some example ISAs, have a think about how these questions may apply to your ISA.

I hope that you find this useful for any future upcoming ISAs.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scphmapd)
    Make sure that you carefully read the question, you want to include as much information as you can. You are allowed to use extra paper so make sure everything you write is detailed and well reasoned. As you know what your investigation is in advance you can write a method in advance and get good practice at using advanced vocabulary.

Most of the questions in paper 1 are similar from year to year. Have a look online to see if you can find some example ISAs, have a think about how these questions may apply to your ISA.

I hope that you find this useful for any future upcoming ISAs.
    I done this some time ago. I wasn't allowed extra paper when I asked for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    I done this some time ago. I wasn't allowed extra paper when I asked for it.
    That really surprises. In my class the majority of people used lots of extra paper. It was often used for the really short 3 mark questions because some of them require a lot references to data, especially paper 2.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That really surprises. In my class the majority of people used lots of extra paper. It was often used for the really short 3 mark questions because some of them require a lot references to data, especially paper 2.
    Yeah you're right. I needed a lot of space where reference was required as I was also being specific. My teacher said that you should only use the space given because the answer in the mark scheme won't be as long as what I wrote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Yeah you're right. I needed a lot of space where reference was required as I was also being specific. My teacher said that you should only use the space given because the answer in the mark scheme won't be as long as what I wrote.
    The mark scheme is incredibly short, the biggest problem can sometimes be trying to say exactly what they are looking for, therefore by writing more you should have a better chance of including the correct details!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The mark scheme is incredibly short, the biggest problem can sometimes be trying to say exactly what they are looking for, therefore by writing more you should have a better chance of including the correct details!
    Exactly what I was thinking. I mean how are we supposed to know what it says on the mark scheme? We are just going to write everything so that we have the best chances to get all of the marks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.