Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rebuilding life after a major break-up Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently had my boyfriend break things off suddenly after two and a half years. We live together so I had to quickly rearrange plans and figure out how to move in with my parents again... Currently I am trying to figure out how to rebuild my life while also feeling more positive about the future. I know time is a big component, but has anyone had a similar life-changing experience? I am feeling pretty chaotic trying to think of future plans, getting the move done, future relationships, and trying to make a life while I am with my parents in a new state.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. I actually moved abroad with my boyfriend of 3 years, there were problems but I thought we (well I, since he didn't think there was an issue but there were), we had this big plan set for starting life in another country and once I realised things weren't going to work out I had to break up with him abroad. I had to lend money from my family for a flight home, I cried the whole way knowing I had completely changed my whole life path in a matter of hours. But it was the right thing to do for me. I moved back in with my parents, had to readjust my goals and set goals that were just for me, and focus on myself. I felt guilty for a long time about breaking things off with my ex but I had no doubt it was the right decision. I was depressed for a while until I got sight of the future again, and now I'm (as a mature student) going to uni to study. It is hard hen you think your life is going a certain way and certainly if you were the one to be broken up with, it must be a devastating blow. But you will overcome it. Start thinking about things you want to achieve and do for yourself, things that you couldn't necessarily do before.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.