Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the point of life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There is no point – I think that makes things interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it have to have a point? It just is.

ReputationRep:
    Dank Memes

(Original post by posdloi)
    lets be honest you couldn't even roast **** you Tamil disease.
    roast ****?
    of course you can't roast ****...lol
    I can buy roast chicken though
    and why that emoji at the end?what r u nervous about?lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posdloi)
    Go ahead tag them then.

Lol just as I though you are talking complete bs as always. You should be able to find one thread at least if it happens. :rolleyes:

And I don't live in my mums basement mate. I literally live in a mansion with multiple models. Its actually so sad how obsessed and jealous you are of me.
    We know you're a troll, but you don't have to play silly-bollox. You and I both know what goes down

Holy... did I actually just get called "obsessed and jealous" by someone that a) follows me around and tries to insult me and has done for several months, even if he knows he's going to end up looking an idiot in the process, and b) has even made dupe accounts and threads in my name??? :rofl::rofl::rofl: I might even have to stop calling you an idiot and a moron, that's not even fair on idiots or morons.

ReputationRep:
    The scientific point? It's to bang as many women as you possibly can to spread your legacy and carry on the human race. The philosophical point? Well that's debatable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I am torn because I see the merits of existentialism but also recognise the inherent absurdity in the world. I've never been 100% one or the other and doubt I will ever come to a conclusion.

For the average person, existentialism is probably more beneficial. Absurdism still struggles from the fact that the second you don't recognise the absurdity in life in a positive way, you're almost back to nihilism.
    disclaimer: I'm by no means an expert so sometimes fail to see nuances between philosophical ideas aha
    I kind of see absurdism as a branch off existentialism tbh... I find the whole idea of the absurd really interesting, but the solution (living life to the full as rebellion) is almost cliche enough to be forgotten.
    I'm probably more biased as well because I came across existentialism first and loved it, however at the same time agree with you that if I had to choose between the two I don't know where I decisively stand either.
    besides, can you not recognise the inherent absurdity of the world and still construct a reason to live? << even though that may mean that you're aware on the side that the reason is yours alone and ultimately insignificant.

ReputationRep:
    "I literally live in a mansion with multiple models" :rofl::toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    So we suffer depression, displease people, and let us feel death.
    I mean there's other things but there's no ****ing point to anything anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It's all relative innit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonlikelime)
    disclaimer: I'm by no means an expert so sometimes fail to see nuances between philosophical ideas aha
    I kind of see absurdism as a branch off existentialism tbh... I find the whole idea of the absurd really interesting, but the solution (living life to the full as rebellion) is almost cliche enough to be forgotten.
    I'm probably more biased as well because I came across existentialism first and loved it, however at the same time agree with you that if I had to choose between the two I don't know where I decisively stand either.
    besides, can you not recognise the inherent absurdity of the world and still construct a reason to live? << even though that may mean that you're aware on the side that the reason is yours alone and ultimately insignificant.
    It's strange cause I feel entirely the same way about existenialism with the 'give it your own meaning' approach; I think it's incredibly cliché But I don't feel that 'rebellion' should be the main thing taken away from absurdism, moreso the notion that you always have the final say over your emotions (the "there is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn" reference). Though this notion itself isn't exactly new; the stoics said it several centuries ago lmao.

I think an absurdist would struggle with constructing a reason to live because of the absurdity and unpredictableness of life. Since every 'meaning' could be so easily destroyed (like the rock falling right back down the hill after Sisyphus) it becomes a futile endeavour that only leads to misery.

ReputationRep:
    Probably to suffer, no point to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Meaning of life? Have you even ever google searched Lazy Town memes?

ReputationRep:
    I think i know CleverSquirrel's reason :teehee::giggle:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    TO EAT FOOD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I think i know CleverSquirrel's reason :teehee::giggle:
    Spoiler:
    Show

TO EAT FOOD
    MY GOD YOU KNOW ME SO WELL :cry2:

im eating rn with my right hand and typing with me left! second serving of pasta ammarite?!

gosh food is just.....just....*tear rolls down left cheek*...so....so good :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    MY GOD YOU KNOW ME SO WELL :cry2:

im eating rn with my right hand and typing with me left! second serving of pasta ammarite?!

gosh food is just.....just....*tear rolls down left cheek*...so....so good :cry2:
    Haha
    🙌 🍝
    Deffo
    Great now i am craving chicken chow mein but all chinese takeaway shops are closed and i dont have the ingredients to cook one from scratch :cry: #firstworldproblems

ReputationRep:
    Haha
    🙌 🍝
    Deffo
    Great now i am craving chicken chow mein but all chinese takeaway shops are closed and i dont have the ingredients to cook one from scratch :cry: #firstworldproblems
    I WANT A CHOW MEIN OMG!

oooh and those fried chicken balls and chips with the lovely warm bbq sauce they sell

*literally drooling rn

ReputationRep:
    I WANT A CHOW MEIN OMG!

oooh and those fried chicken balls and chips with the lovely warm bbq sauce they sell

*literally drooling rn
    But but you just ate :eek: 🤔

ReputationRep:
    But but you just ate :eek: 🤔
    Honey one can never have too much food :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    Honey one can never have too much food :naughty:
    Haha
    How do you have the funds to eat soo much
    I can only afford like a takeaway a week

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.