Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I have three titres and concordant is when the results are within 0.1cm^3 are these results concordant? 20.40 20.50 20.60
    would I take the average of all three of these results to get 20.50. What if I have titres that are 20.30 20.40 20.50 20.60 20.70 which of these would be concordant and which would I use to take my average? (unlikely I would perform this many)

ReputationRep:
    For the first of results, yes it would be 20.50. For the second set, I would use all of them as there is a distinctive jump between each result. so again its 20.50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hajra Momoniat)
    For the first of results, yes it would be 20.50. For the second set, I would use all of them as there is a distinctive jump between each result. so again its 20.50
    but 20.40 is not within 0.1 of 20.60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    but 20.40 is not within 0.1 of 20.60
    We don't know which ones the right answer, so for that reason I would say use all of them and plus like I said, there is a definite pattern. I know for the first set of data we don't know the right answer but again there is a distinct pattern and its easier to compare 3 titres than having many more

ReputationRep:
    How many concordant results are you told you need before you calculate the mean?

OCR A only expects 2 values that are concordant. You therefore couldn't get data like you posted.

If you did, you'd use them all and get the .50 value for the mean.

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA so they say up to 5. If there was no distinct pattern in your results then I would only use the ones that are close together

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.