Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for an engineering foundation year at Coventry. If I pass this year, will I be able to do mechanical engineering next year?
    Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on the Engineering foundation year at Coventry and can confirm that you can progress onto Mechanical Engineering.

The foundation year is at CU Coventry (recently renamed from Coventry University College), which is just across the road from the engineering building.
    A pass is 40%. Reaching this guarantees entry to Combined Engineering at CU Coventry.
    To get onto Mechanical Engineering, entry requirements can vary by year. I would estimate between 60% (this is for Electronic Engineering) and 75%.
    You can ask by emailing CU Coventry.

To move to the Mechanical Engineering course, you will need to re-apply through UCAS which also allows you to apply for another course or university if you want to.

If you are interested, I have attached the course contents documents.

If you have any more questions about the course, feel free to ask.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfModule 1.pdf (52.7 KB, 58 views)
  2. File Type: pdfModule 2.pdf (49.0 KB, 48 views)
  3. File Type: pdfModule 3.pdf (58.0 KB, 55 views)
  4. File Type: pdfModule 4.pdf (54.8 KB, 62 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesa60)
    I'm currently on the Engineering foundation year at Coventry and can confirm that you can progress onto Mechanical Engineering.

The foundation year is at CU Coventry (recently renamed from Coventry University College), which is just across the road from the engineering building.
    A pass is 40%. Reaching this guarantees entry to Combined Engineering at CU Coventry.
    To get onto Mechanical Engineering, entry requirements can vary by year. I would estimate between 60% (this is for Electronic Engineering) and 75%.
    You can ask by emailing CU Coventry.

To move to the Mechanical Engineering course, you will need to re-apply through UCAS which also allows you to apply for another course or university if you want to.

If you are interested, I have attached the course contents documents.

If you have any more questions about the course, feel free to ask.
    This has been extremely helpful. I'm currently on an Access course at a college nearby however couldn't be given a definitive answer when asking if what I was studying would definitely get me on to an engineering course at the university (at beginners level). I was told that if I couldn't get in, I could do a foundation year at Coventry College. Looking through the modules I can tell that my Access Course covers all the modules so that has provided me with quite a bit of reassurance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.