Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I went to work last week and I work really early shifts so need to take a taxi. I normally take a well known app service to get me to work. Last week there were hardly any in my area. One driver accepted but said he'd be 25 mins so I cancelled and got another one. I called him to ask how long he'd be as I was running late. He said that I shouldn't worry and he'd be there ASAP. He arrives and is driving ip my estate even though I'm walking to the car. My workplace is a mile and a bit away from my house but I wouldn't dream of walking at that time.

I get in and straight away he becomes really aggressive and says that next time I should cancel. He only picked me up because I begged him *untrue* but whatever! He said "I shouldn't do it again" and should instead use local taxis. I felt so bad, like a little child being scolded by her father! My dad wouldn't even talk to me like that! His reasoning was that it doesn't make sense driving 3 miles for a 1 mile job but it literally took him 6 minutes to get to my house! I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life. Other drivers have never complained and he was SO RUDE!

Fast forward I initially gave him 5 stars for picking me up so quickly. But tbh he didn't act out of the capacity of his JOB! So I gave him 1 star and left feedback! There's a chance he got deactivated because a few days ago I saw his same car without the stickers parked across from my house. The person inside was wearing a hoody!

I've been paranoid ever since! He knows where I work and what day and time! If he's aggressive over a short trip he could be even more aggresive over me getting him fired! Am I being unnecessarily paranoid?

He also mentioned that a really hefty guy works at my workplace! I don't know if it was a passive aggressive threat! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I went to work last week and I work really early shifts so need to take a taxi. I normally take a well known app service to get me to work. Last week there were hardly any in my area. One driver accepted but said he'd be 25 mins so I cancelled and got another one. I called him to ask how long he'd be as I was running late. He said that I shouldn't worry and he'd be there ASAP. He arrives and is driving ip my estate even though I'm walking to the car. My workplace is a mile and a bit away from my house but I wouldn't dream of walking at that time.

I get in and straight away he becomes really aggressive and says that next time I should cancel. He only picked me up because I begged him *untrue* but whatever! He said "I shouldn't do it again" and should instead use local taxis. I felt so bad, like a little child being scolded by her father! My dad wouldn't even talk to me like that! His reasoning was that it doesn't make sense driving 3 miles for a 1 mile job but it literally took him 6 minutes to get to my house! I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life. Other drivers have never complained and he was SO RUDE!

Fast forward I initially gave him 5 stars for picking me up so quickly. But tbh he didn't act out of the capacity of his JOB! So I gave him 1 star and left feedback! There's a chance he got deactivated because a few days ago I saw his same car without the stickers parked across from my house. The person inside was wearing a hoody!

I've been paranoid ever since! He knows where I work and what day and time! If he's aggressive over a short trip he could be even more aggresive over me getting him fired! Am I being unnecessarily paranoid?

He also mentioned that a really hefty guy works at my workplace! I don't know if it was a passive aggressive threat! :/
    Hey Anon,

This does seem like quite a worrying scenario. Instead of suggesting what you SHOULD do, here's what I would do:

1) Report him to your local council. If he was a registered taxi driver, he would have registered through them and as such his details would be there. Tell them everything that occurred, and if possible, note down his name/ ther details.

2) Use a local taxi company next time. Not only are they closer, but often they act much friendlier due to having shorter distances to travel (less stress of deadlines)

3) If you're at a truly high level of panic, have a 'panic text' ready to send. What is that? Pick your most intimate contact in your phone; your parents, tutor, best friend or pizza guy. Anyone who knows you well. Write out an emergency text, including your whereabouts, the time, what you're wearing and what you think may occur. IF the worst case scenario occurs, I.E the dude confronting you, you can simply press send and they'll be alerted to your situation. However, only use this in a last case - a false alarm could waste police time and a lot of unnecessary worry!

4) Stay calm, reduce your anxiety. A lot of the issues in the world are made worse by our minds. Stay vigilant, yes, but remember that life moves on. Focus on being happy, it'll only be beneficial for your overall wellbeing!

Hopefully that was somewhat helpful!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.