Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 4 January 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pondsteps)
    Omg me too, I got a panic attack in the exam and I basically ****ed up 😭 I really need some motivation for tomorrows chem unit 4 exam (((((((
    Samee but you know what , think about it this way ;the test was weird. Its not our fault that it was like that ,and chem is different dont worry ❤❤

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mishkaat)
    Samee but you know what , think about it this way ;the test was weird. Its not our fault that it was like that ,and chem is different dont worry ❤❤
    Yes hopefully we'll both ace chemistry ❤ how's revision going?
    I'm really forcing myself to go through my notes although I feel like I'm about to throwup on my book

ReputationRep:
    I'm really forcing myself to go through my notes although I feel like I'm about to throwup on my book
    I wont quite revise cuz the book is kinda boring , i'll do some past papers though and then read the revision guide

ReputationRep:
    My brother did unit 1 Chem today and told me it was so ****ed****ed they brought them natural logs and they still didn't take them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namo99)
    My brother did unit 1 Chem today and told me it was so ****ed****ed they brought them natural logs and they still didn't take them
    I know friends of mine told me about that ; whats wrong with them this session !!!

ReputationRep:
    Look at the mark schemes! My son is at home, like you guys, worried about Unit 4 Chemistry. Like Biology he has done a load of past papers. Not that they helped him yesterday! He is just going over the mark schemes again. With 94% at AS Chemistry he is in a good position. But, he went into yesterday's exam with 89% at AS Biology. He doesn't need two bad days at the office! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia Jane)
    Look at the mark schemes! My son is at home, like you guys, worried about Unit 4 Chemistry. Like Biology he has done a load of past papers. Not that they helped him yesterday! He is just going over the mark schemes again. With 94% at AS Chemistry he is in a good position. But, he went into yesterday's exam with 89% at AS Biology. He doesn't need two bad days at the office! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck to him

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with them! Why so much unit 1 ?!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I did my unit 4 exam yesterday too. It was ridiculously hard. I was so shocked, 30 minutes were left and i was only just starting question 5. Terrible. I also mentioned excited electrons from the hydrocarbon tail, i was so weirded when i read that question, i was like :confused: ?????
    Also the question about peatland was really hard i felt like i was repeating myself over and over and over.
    Also who was the bear father?
    Spoiler:
    Show

put it in a spoiler, so no one sees an answer they didn't want to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadaezraturner)
    Hi guys, I did my unit 4 exam yesterday too. It was ridiculously hard. I was so shocked, 30 minutes were left and i was only just starting question 5. Terrible. I also mentioned excited electrons from the hydrocarbon tail, i was so weirded when i read that question, i was like :confused: ?????
    Also the question about peatland was really hard i felt like i was repeating myself over and over and over.
    Also who was the bear father?
    Spoiler:
    Show

put it in a spoiler, so no one sees an answer they didn't want to see.

If i am not mistaking its #3 cuz the first ones are identical to the mom and the resr is identical to the dad

ReputationRep:
    If i am not mistaking its #3 cuz the first ones are identical to the mom and the resr is identical to the dad
    oops! Mine was 1

ReputationRep:
    I wrote male 3 too

ReputationRep:
    Do you think grade boundaries will go down? How did other people in your class felt about the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wrote 3 too. This is like one of the only things I'm certain of out of the whole bloody exam 😒

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping for an A. Now I hope I'm able to achieve a B/C 😒
    ALSO NOTHING BOTHERED ME MORE THAN HEARING A FEW PEOPLE leaving THE EXAM HALL SAYING IT WAS A PIECE OF CAKE. Wth..

ReputationRep:
    ALSO NOTHING BOTHERED ME MORE THAN HEARING A FEW PEOPLE leaving THE EXAM HALL SAYING IT WAS A PIECE OF CAKE. Wth..
    I knoww!! my friends were laughing and i was so confused. Wasn't it lengthier than normal?

ReputationRep:
    You know what i think, i think that this test helps the ones that didnt quite study ; cuz the test is logical thinking and you need to have a clear mind ; like alö the studying was for nth cuz the test was different from the past papers , but still who the hell would say it was a piece of cake ?! I think the grade boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    This is so messed up i swear !! You know what bothers me the most is that i didnt have time to read what i wrote or revise ; so basically i dont remember half of what i answered

ReputationRep:
    This is so messed up i swear !! You know what bothers me the most is that i didnt have time to read what i wrote or revise ; so basically i dont remember half of what i answered
    me tooo!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.