The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 4 January 2017

Scroll to see replies

Yesss I barely had enough time to finish the damn exam .. I was just trying to fill up all empty spaces
Yoo guys if there are some questions that you remember , please write them down ; or ask 😭😭 we can revise together then
Original post by pondsteps
Yesss I barely had enough time to finish the damn exam .. I was just trying to fill up all empty spaces

Same🖐
Original post by Mishkaat
Yoo guys if there are some questions that you remember , please write them down ; or ask 😭😭 we can revise together then

Ok, I'll try to remmeber as much as i can. I never like to look at model answers or recheck my paper with someone. But this paper makes me feel the need to, IT WAS THAT BAD!!!

So, I'll write the head of every question and then we can think of its parts.
1)Chlorophyll
2) ........
3) Myeloma
4) ........
5) Succesion
6) Peatland
7) Tree called "rhododendron" (measurements and sampling technique)
8) Bears

I can't seem to remember question 2 and 4, I'm not even sure the ones i wrote above are in the right order. But i'm sure 2&4, one was on antibiotics and i can't place the other one. (oh!, i think it was about HIV)

Btw, if any of you guys is bothered that i'm checking the questions after the exam (i always hated this ) You can tell me so i can either stop or put a spoiler alert before i mention part of an answer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck to everyone sitting chem tomorrow! Hopefully it doesn't turn out as pathetic as this one - don't let it effect u!! ❤❤
Reply 65
Original post by pondsteps
Good luck to everyone sitting chem tomorrow! Hopefully it doesn't turn out as pathetic as this one - don't let it effect u!! ❤❤

I am so worried about tomorrow's exam😭 what's wrong with this exam session?!?
the 2 was about structure of bacteria/virus as multiple choice
about Tb and HIv

4 about peatland
There was another one about Antibiotics i think......having mentioned this, what did you put for the type of antibiotic used which caused the slow increase in levels of bacteria in stomach?
3rd bear
It was antibiotics secreated from the gut flora which killed the foreign bacteria that had possesed a risk of infection. ..
The gut flora secreated these antibiotics due to competition for space or nutrients
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys i dont remember this whole antibiotic thingie ; hopefully i didnt skip it :0
Original post by Sherlock.545
It was antibiotics secreated from the gut flora which killed the foreign bacteria that had possesed a risk of infection. ..
The gut flora secreated these antibiotics due to competition for space or nutrients

yeah right, but then you were asked what did the slow increase in bacteria on gut flora suggest about type of antibiotic used
Reply 71
Original post by charlesdarwin
the 2 was about structure of bacteria/virus as multiple choice
about Tb and HIv

4 about peatland
There was another one about Antibiotics i think......having mentioned this, what did you put for the type of antibiotic used which caused the slow increase in levels of bacteria in stomach?

Here i explained the differences between using a bacteriostatic and a bacteriocidal antibiotic and related it to the qs. Also i added just in case the thing about using a narrow or a broad spectrum antibiotic

Quick Reply

Latest