Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    So the fact that the area was a gun free zone is what caused the mass murder?

So everyone in the airport should have a gun. Yeah that will things much safer....

You really must be on a wind up.
    Why is it that public mass shootings occur mainly in gun free zones?

It's not the cause but when one type of place is routinely targeted because the criminal knows the people can't defend themselves that might be a reason to stop letting people know that the people inside can't defend themselves
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    No not next: http://crimeresearch.org/2017/01/sho...gun-free-zone/
    It is a gun free zone despite you trying to say no it isn't

You say less guns=less murder when in many countries banning guns has not reduced the murder rate, Jamaica is one example of where your failed logic has been enacted.

Except once again you more guns=more murder idea has been proven false in a lot of countries.
    You keep arguing on irrelevant points.

Let's say you are correct and it was a gun-free zone. What is your point? That it shouldn't be a gun-free zone? That everyone in the airport should carry a gun? WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

I can tell for absolute certain that one less gun in that airport would have meant five less deaths.

The idea that the way to tackle gun crime is more guns, as you propose, is frankly ludicrous.

By the way, comparing the USA to a country with far weaker law enforcement and far less powerful law enforcement agencies such as Jamaica is a void comparison. But I can tell you that if there were no guns in Jamaica, that there would be no gun crime too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that public mass shootings occur mainly in gun free zones?

It's not the cause but when one type of place is routinely targeted because the criminal knows the people can't defend themselves that might be a reason to stop letting people know that the people inside can't defend themselves
    FFS. I beg of you. Just once answer a question someone asks you. Please. You are so incredibly frustrating because you never read what anyone else writes.

If you don't support giving everyone a gun at an airport then why make a point of it being a gun-free zone? Unless you think everyone there should have a gun?

If everyone in an airport carried a gun, it would be a lot less, not more safe. Imagine how many innocent people would be killed if 100 citizens thought someone was a bad man with a gun and shot him at the same time.

You know what would make more sense than giving everyone a gun in an airport? Making sure than no one had a gun at the airport so that such tragedies wouldn't happen in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    You keep arguing on irrelevant points.

Let's say you are correct and it was a gun-free zone. What is your point? That it shouldn't be a gun-free zone? That everyone in the airport should carry a gun? WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

I can tell for absolute certain that one less gun in that airport would have meant five less deaths.

The idea that the way to tackle gun crime is more guns, as you propose, is frankly ludicrous.

By the way, comparing the USA to a country with far weaker law enforcement and far less powerful law enforcement agencies such as Jamaica is a void comparison. But I can tell you that if there were no guns in Jamaica, that there would be no gun crime too.
    That gun free zones are basically saying shoot here.

That doesn't mean that the the murder rate would fall in America in countries that have banned guns the level stayed the same or increased.

The idea that the best way to protect people is to leave them defenceless while criminals use it to their advantage is ludicrous, as has been pointed out somewhere between 89 and 97% of gun crime is committed with illegal guns so crack down on that but the politicians don't want to because "it disproportionately effects minority's"

I like how you just use Jamaica when Ireland, the uk and Australia were also mentioned by jammy in his post which I talked about

ReputationRep:
    FFS. I beg of you. Just once answer a question someone asks you. Please. You are so incredibly frustrating because you never read what anyone else writes.

If you don't support giving everyone a gun at an airport then why make a point of it being a gun-free zone? Unless you think everyone there should have a gun?

If everyone in an airport carried a gun, it would be a lot less, not more safe. Imagine how many innocent people would be killed if 100 citizens thought someone was a bad man with a gun and shot him at the same time.

You know what would make more sense than giving everyone a gun in an airport? Making sure than no one had a gun at the airport so that such tragedies wouldn't happen in the first place.
    I'm against law abiding citizens no being able to have a gun which is what you support and these gun free zone shootings shows what would happen with your policy.

You mean making it illegal to carry the gun in a terminal that was tried and 5 people died here
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm against law abiding citizens no being able to have a gun which is what you support and these gun free zone shootings shows what would happen with your policy.

You mean making it illegal to carry the gun in a terminal that was tried and 5 people died here
    Yet again you have not answered the question.
    You are utterly pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Yet again you have not answered the question.
    You are utterly pathetic.
    I answered the question just not how you want me to you are pathetic you go on about gun enthusiasts being against this and that when replying to me despite me already saying some changes that could and should have been made

Answer this question: if gun free zones are so good why do so many mass shootings happen within them?

ReputationRep:
    The Goyim know :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So in other words, you are saying that the answer to gun crime is more guns. You've changed your position on this twice now.

It's an idiotic position at best. You know how you stop people shooting others? You make sure that there are no guns in society rather than giving everyone a gun.

But let's accept your ludicrous suggestion that airports would be safer if eveyone had a gun and play a little thought experiment:

If everyone is allowed to carry a gun in an airport, how would anyone know whether someone carrying a gun was a good person or bad person? They wouldn't know that someone carrying a gun was a bad person until the time that he had shot and killed at least one person. By that time, it is already too late.

Then what happens? Rather than fleeing a gunman, hundreds of people with guns suddenly start firing at this bad gunman, which is almost guaranteed to kill people in the crossfire.

Yeah, great idea.

That doesn't mean that the the murder rate would fall in America in countries that have banned guns the level stayed the same or increased.

The idea that the best way to protect people is to leave them defenceless while criminals use it to their advantage is ludicrous, as has been pointed out somewhere between 89 and 97% of gun crime is committed with illegal guns so crack down on that but the politicians don't want to because "it disproportionately effects minority's"

I like how you just use Jamaica when Ireland, the uk and Australia were also mentioned by jammy in his post which I talked about
    You brought up Jamaica, not me.
    As for the UK, we have far, far less gun deaths than the USA and we have no guns. Must be a wild coincidence eh? There can't possibly be any connection between people not having guns and people not killing other people with guns...

ReputationRep:
    America needs to take a leaf out of Japan's book when making its gun laws.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I answered the question just not how you want me to you are pathetic you go on about gun enthusiasts being against this and that when replying to me despite me already saying some changes that could and should have been made

Answer this question: if gun free zones are so good why do so many mass shootings happen within them?

You haven't answered the question. You gave an answer to a different question that you wanted me to ask.

Answer YES or NO to this question:

Would airports and nightclubs be safer if everyone was allowed to carry guns in them?

Yes or no please. I don't need an explanation, just a simple one word answer.

ReputationRep:
    So in other words, you are saying that the answer to gun crime is more guns. You've changed your position on this twice now.

It's an idiotic position at best. You know how you stop people shooting others? You make sure that there are no guns in society rather than giving everyone a gun.

But let's accept your ludicrous suggestion that airports would be safer if eveyone had a gun and play a little thought experiment:

If everyone is allowed to carry a gun in an airport, how would anyone know whether someone carrying a gun was a good person or bad person? They wouldn't know that someone carrying a gun was a bad person until the time that he had shot and killed at least one person. By that time, it is already too late.

Then what happens? Rather than fleeing a gunman, hundreds of people with guns suddenly start firing at this bad gunman, which is almost guaranteed to kill people in the crossfire.

Yeah, great idea.

You brought up Jamaica, not me.
    As for the UK, we have far, far less gun deaths than the USA and we have no guns. Must be a wild coincidence eh? There can't possibly be any connection between people not having guns and people not killing other people with guns...
    I also said how jammy brought up the murder rate and mentioned the uk, Ireland and Australia in a earlier comment in the discussion or can we only use the uk when it suits your argument?
    Which is why I said murder rate, what good is it stopping 5 murders with guns if it creates at least 5 murders with knives?

With the curre Gun laws not everyone is allowed a gun if you start asking questions that reflect the situation as it is know instead of loaded questions to push your beliefs I will answer them clearly but until then I will answer the question without responding to your beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't answered the question. You gave an answer to a different question that you wanted me to ask.

Would airports and nightclubs be safer if everyone was allowed to carry guns in them?

You are not asking the right question you are already ignoring the laws about purchasing a gun that are already in place when you start to take into account gun purchasing laws then you will get the answer but until then I will answer the question taking into account the current laws on purchasing guns.

I have already talked about people who shouldn't own guns so maybe ask a decent question next time

ReputationRep:

Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    The second amendment states that it's for "a well regulated Militia" but let's just assume it meant every private citizen including mentally ill people and babies.
    To the first, that's a debate that's been extensively explored by the US Supreme Court. To the second, one could argue that's pretty spurious. Many laws in many countries are not extended to cover those in alieni juris.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I also said how jammy brought up the murder rate and mentioned the uk, Ireland and Australia in a earlier comment in the discussion or can we only use the uk when it suits your argument?
    Which is why I said murder rate, what good is it stopping 5 murders with guns if it creates at least 5 murders with knives?
    Are you really this stupid or are you putting it on?
    It's far, far more difficult to kill five people with a knife in quick succession, than it is with a gun. It's far easier to run from someone with a knife than someone with a gun.

There is no question that it is easier to kill someone with a gun, than with a knife...

How do you know if a gunman is good or bad until he starts to shoot people? What about the inevitability of people being caught up in the cross fire?

With the curre Gun laws not everyone is allowed a gun if you start asking questions that reflect the situation as it is know instead of loaded questions to push your beliefs I will answer them clearly but until then I will answer the question without responding to your beliefs.
    You still haven't answered my question.
    Would airports be safer if everyone had a gun?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You are not asking the right question you are already ignoring the laws about purchasing a gun that are already in place when you start to take into account gun purchasing laws then you will get the answer but until then I will answer the question taking into account the current laws on purchasing guns.

I have already talked about people who shouldn't own guns so maybe ask a decent question next time
    HAHHAHAHHA. Yet again you pathetically avoid the question.

I am asking you a fairly simple question because I want to know your opinion on the matter.

Would airports be safer if everyone had a gun? Yes or no. It's a one word answer.

ReputationRep:
    You say less guns=less murder when in many countries banning guns has not reduced the murder rate, Jamaica is one example of where your failed logic has been enacted.
    I thought a lot of the problems in Jamaica were down to gang issues. It isn't as if gun controls were brought in and a small number of criminals suddenly developed a taste for shooting now defenceless people.

So why isn't Heathrow seeing mass shootings? Why hasn't the UK had a school massacre since 1996?

And are you seriously suggesting that there should be no gun free zones?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Yep.
    Finally! Someone who actually answers a question that you ask them.

Take a bow.

ReputationRep:
    Are you really this stupid or are you putting it on?
    It's far, far more difficult to kill five people with a knife in quick succession, than it is with a gun. It's far easier to run from someone with a knife than someone with a gun.

There is no question that it is easier to kill someone with a gun, than with a knife...

How do you know if a gunman is good or bad until he starts to shoot people? What about the inevitability of people being caught up in the cross fire?

You still haven't answered my question.
    Would airports be safer if everyone had a gun?
    It's been shown that banning guns does not lower the murder rate yet you ignore this, you would happily exchange 5 gun murders for 5 knife murders it doesn't matter how easy something is it matters that banning guns has been proven not to lower the murder rate in the uk and Australia and have the opposite effect and raise it in the Ireland and Jamaica but you ignore that.

Is a murder involving a gun somehow worse than any other murder?

You still ignore the fact not everyone can get a gun in America and I have talked about people who shouldn't be allowed to have a gun

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.