Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    I thought a lot of the problems in Jamaica were down to gang issues. It isn't as if gun controls were brought in and a small number of criminals suddenly developed a taste for shooting now defenceless people.

So why isn't Heathrow seeing mass shootings? Why hasn't the UK had a school massacre since 1996?

And are you seriously suggesting that there should be no gun free zones?

As Joe said, the reason why gun massacres happen so frequently in the USA is not because people have guns, but because people don't have enough guns.

Can't you see that everyone would be a lot safer if everyone had a gun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    As Joe said, the reason why gun massacres happen so frequently in the USA is not because people have guns, but because people don't have enough guns.

Can't you see that everyone would be a lot safer if everyone had a gun?
    À large portion like this fellow were previously in the military and he served in Afghanistan or Iran I think I'm not to sure. I think there's a large connection between that as a lot of people have regrets when they go over they feel guilty coming home about what goes on there and this manifests itself as a massacre more times than à few.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Spin spin spin.

In Britain there are hardly any guns and hardly any gun crime. The opposite is true in America. What you are trying to assert is that if nobody had a gun, that there would somehow be more gun crime. Yeah, that's logical.

Whatever clever arguments you make about Honduras, Japan or any other random country the simple, logical fact is that if there were no guns in America, there would be far less gun crime.
    But far less gun crime does not necessarily mean less crime, the argument against guns is that, somehow, there is more crime with guns, particularly homicides, something which is clearly false, something you are "spin spin spin"ning away from tackling. And I guess even if we were to suppose guns cannot be gotten rid of you would completely oppose concealed carry, even though all the evidence points to a strong correlation with decreased serious crime rates, with a causal link, not just a correlation.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.