Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HOw to lose weight Watch

Not very happy with what I look like. I am on a diet of around 900 calories per day however I am acctually puting on weight opossed to lossing it. What should I do to acctually lose weight?

ReputationRep:
    Exercise.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    eat less

(Original post by SilverWater)
    Excercise.
    I walk 1.5 miles to collage everyday

ReputationRep:
    Eat healthy, be more active, drink loads of water

(Original post by Pikachū)
    eat less
    i acctually genrally only eat one meal a day so I dont think that would be a very good idea

(Original post by Ammmaaaraah)
    Eat healthy, be more active, drink loads of water
    The thing is I have very little time when I can excize.

ReputationRep:
    Weird. Maybe you're on your perios or something. 900 cals and I'd definitely be losing somefin' :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not very happy with what I look like. I am on a diet of around 900 calories per day however I am acctually puting on weight opossed to lossing it. What should I do to acctually lose weight?
    I too am planning to lose weight too.

I guess the only thing would be to get a gym membership and really workout all of your muscles. I go hard when I go to the gym. Only do 10 minutes of cardio, 40 minutes of weight training, finishing it off with some farmer walks. Also, eat a lot earlier before you fall asleep and do some light cardio too

ReputationRep:
    The thing is I have very little time when I can excize.
    What do you do all day? I'm sure you can make a little bit of time, if you really want to lose weight.

(Original post by Ammmaaaraah)
    What do you do all day? I'm sure you can make a little bit of time, if you really want to lose weight.
    Revsion... Revision.... Lesons i see the A*s coming my way

(Original post by beeninetytwo)
    Weird. Maybe you're on your perios or something. 900 cals and I'd definitely be losing somefin' :daydreaming:
    Do periods make you gain weight???

Spoiler:
    Show

This is me rn, I wish I had a gym buddie but all my friends are super skinny

ReputationRep:
    Revsion... Revision.... Lesons i see the A*s coming my way
    You'll stress yourself out if you do nothing but revision, it isn't healthy.
    Being a couch potato is not good, you'll put on loads.
    Take an hour out a day and do some exercise. Trust me. It wont affect your grades, if you really do nothing but revise all day.

ReputationRep:
    calorie deficit

ReputationRep:
    Do periods make you gain weight???
    Yes, a few lbs for me. And if you need a poo :poo:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are extremely small and/or suffer from one of a select few metabolic conditions you would not be gaining weight over a prolonged period of time with an intake of 900 calories. Ergo you either a) are not counting accurately, which is the most common explanation or b) have seen your weight increase for a short period of time and attributed that to the calorie amount being too high rather than to one of the other possible causes.

ReputationRep:
    Either you are eating more than you think you're eating or your metabolism is ****ed. Are you counting and measuring what you eat? If not you could be quite off if going just by the nutrition labels. Also I'd recommend low carb and intermittent fasting until you reach your desired weight then go back to a normal diet. Keep at it you'll lose weight eventually .

ReputationRep:
    900 calories a day really doesn't sound like much. Remember, what you're eating is more impartant than calorie count, calories are just a measurment of energy, they don't really take fat content into account. What kind of stuff are you eating?
    To lose weight you're also going to have to excercise. If you even do lose weight by a diet change alone it won't be significant., so best thing to do is to at least get in a little every day. Get a gym membership, go 4-5 days a week even if it's just for 20-30 minutes. You can burn 200 calories in under 20 minutes on an excercise bike! Fastest way to lose weight in my experience is running, start out small with 5 minute jogs and build it up.
    Drink lots of water, lots. Take your tea/coffee black and without sugar. Drink green tea, it's good for metabolisim as is tea made from cumin seeds.
    If you've got any more questions don't hesitate to give me a message. Good luck!

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    Unless you are extremely small and/or suffer from one of a select few metabolic conditions you would not be gaining weight over a prolonged period of time with an intake of 900 calories. Ergo you either a) are not counting accurately, which is the most common explanation or b) have seen your weight increase for a short period of time and attributed that to the calorie amount being too high rather than to one of the other possible causes.
    (Original post by Nulliverse)
    Either you are eating more than you think you're eating or your metabolism is ****ed. Are you counting and measuring what you eat? If not you could be quite off if going just by the nutrition labels. Also I'd recommend low carb and intermittent fasting until you reach your desired weight then go back to a normal diet. Keep at it you'll lose weight eventually .
    I dont think so- today I ate sald, rice with fish??? I carfully planned It and it defo was not over my limit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.