Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HOw to lose weight Watch

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    Unless you are extremely small and/or suffer from one of a select few metabolic conditions you would not be gaining weight over a prolonged period of time with an intake of 900 calories. Ergo you either a) are not counting accurately, which is the most common explanation or b) have seen your weight increase for a short period of time and attributed that to the calorie amount being too high rather than to one of the other possible causes.
    (Original post by Nulliverse)
    Either you are eating more than you think you're eating or your metabolism is ****ed. Are you counting and measuring what you eat? If not you could be quite off if going just by the nutrition labels. Also I'd recommend low carb and intermittent fasting until you reach your desired weight then go back to a normal diet. Keep at it you'll lose weight eventually .
    No I defently didnot have over 900 calories. im not that small- i am 5"5
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dont think so- today I ate sald, rice with fish??? I carfully planned It and it defo was not over my limit.
    How much salad, how much rice and how much fish? Any drinks? How long have you been carefully following a 900 calorie plan? What were the contextual conditions of your initial weigh-in? Etcetc.

Essentially, unless you are weighing everything to be certain you are adhering to X calorie limit, and have then maintained that protocol for a period of, say, a couple of weeks, it is hard to reach any meaningful conclusions about it.

ReputationRep:
    How much do you want to lose?
    What's your current weight right now?
    Are you a girl or a boy?
    How active are you?

Work out your Basal metabolic rate- that's the minimum calories you need a day. You will lose weight as long as you're in a deficit. But under eating can be very dangerous. Better to lose slowly like a pound a week than to try extreme diets.

Join a website like myfitnesspal- track your calories and join a gym.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think so- today I ate sald, rice with fish??? I carfully planned It and it defo was not over my limit.
    Rice and fish? You're just assuming the calories or what? How do you know you definitely did not go over 900 if you didn't weigh your food? In the fact that you are eating 900 calories your metabolism has suffered. That is why you're not losing weight. Some people's BMR can drop by almost 50% if they don't lose weight properly. Honestly it's not that hard to weigh it and put it into myfitnesspal or do what I do and make your own spreadsheet. I'd firstly reverse diet into getting back into maintenance and then from there do it properly, as in track your macros and making sure you aren't going on too harsh of a deficit and also exercising. I'm in uni and my workload is a lot more than A-Levels yet I still find the time to train 1 hour and 30 mins 4 times a week, you definitely have time.

Not very happy with what I look like. I am on a diet of around 900 calories per day however I am acctually puting on weight opossed to lossing it. What should I do to acctually lose weight?
    Weight itself is not actually that important. As long as you eat a healthy nutritious
    diet and exercise a bit each day you have nothing to worry about. Even walking is
    enough. I am sure you look beautiful as you are. Don't listen to anyone who says
    otherwise. Be kind to yourself and your body and you will feel better about the way you look.

Good Luck x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.