Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LSE is the most prestigious University in the UK Watch

ReputationRep:
    .....bar Oxbridge.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was going to say don't say that, because the Oxbridge diehards will make your life a misery.

ReputationRep:
    Clickbaitey title, I approve

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that the claim is true. Though in the capital the university is ranked quite low in the Guardian league tables at 12th. Additionally, universities such as Warwick and Bath have exceeded the LSE at subjects such as Economics with Warwick falling short of Oxford and Cambridge at 3rd. Therefore, I wouldn't say it is the most prestigious.

What makes it soo attractive to a student in my opinion (as a student who will apply to the LSE) is the international outreach and connections with the City. It has traditionally been linked with the city and will not loose that link in the near future.

In terms of ranking, it is relatively low compared to its reputation and entry requirements. That's is the most concerning factor for a student like me looking to apply later this year.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamhasana)
    I wouldn't say that the claim is true. Though in the capital the university is ranked quite low in the Guardian league tables at 12th. Additionally, universities such as Warwick and Bath have exceeded the LSE at subjects such as Economics with Warwick falling short of Oxford and Cambridge at 3rd. Therefore, I wouldn't say it is the most prestigious.

What makes it soo attractive to a student in my opinion (as a student who will apply to the LSE) is the international outreach and connections with the City. It has traditionally been linked with the city and will not loose that link in the near future.

In terms of ranking, it is relatively low compared to its reputation and entry requirements. That's is the most concerning factor for a student like me looking to apply later this year.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe we're going through this argument again. London Metropolitan is the most prestigious university out there.

ReputationRep:

Ugh....the Warwick students ALWAYS make a show.

The Guardian tables are BS that rely on student satisfaction. They mean nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I know it was a joke, but I typed a reply thinking it will help someone who might think of this question in the future which would be expected due to extortionate entry requirements

ReputationRep:

*Sighs*

ReputationRep:
    Hello darkness my old friend

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.