Turn on thread page Beta

im really close to my gcses and im quite scared about it watch

ReputationRep:
    Im in my last year and my gcses start around may. Im really worried as im really not good in maths at all and not very good in science/ history. Also because of the new gcse style it's quite stressful. What is everyone else doing to revise as i dont think we can get the new aqa papers to practise and i found the mock exam quite hard. I really need to boost up my grades to atleast pass my exams.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry you're feeling like this what i'd suggest is talking to your teachers about what exactly you need to work on, and ask if they can put revision sessions on (although they usually take place a bit later in the year). if you want study help from TSR, i'd suggest posting in specific subject study help sections so people can help you

you have time though so try not to worry too much, there's still around 5 months left - you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    You can do it!

Lol, I made a revision timetable - roughly 25 hour revision per week.
    Overkill? very.

But, make a timetable and work smart not necessarily hard. All of the hours you put in will accumulate into greatness!

Don't be scared
    If u revise well,go to revision sessions,ask teachers about what ur unsure of and do past paper questions u have nothing to be scared about.Am sure u will do really well
    Just keep on revising and go over what u have learnt.Research the topics you are unsure about.Be calm and it will be better to remember everything.If you don't think u'll do well in maths research the topics u struggle most on.Go on Khan Academy and HegartyMaths.Instead of just watching these videos make sure you understand it and go over it every day.But don't revise for toooooo long.

Best Of Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedHB)
    You can do it!

Overkill? very.

But, make a timetable and work smart not necessarily hard. All of the hours you put in will accumulate into greatness!
    25 hours yikes! did it pay off? but you defo have a point about revision timetables - if that idea interests you you can actually make one using TSR's sister site, getrevising --> https://getrevising.co.uk/
    if you find you can't stick to it though then don't worry - i tried multiple times and always failed to stick to it :') it doesnt matter how you structure your revision so long as you do it in a way that suits you (for me that was doing whatever I felt like I needed to do )

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry I only started studying a month before my exams and did ok you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    25 hours yikes! did it pay off? but you defo have a point about revision timetables - if that idea interests you you can actually make one using TSR's sister site, getrevising --> https://getrevising.co.uk/
    Lol, I've not actually completed my GCSEs yet - I've just set-in-stone a revision time-table.
    But, I'm sure the '25-hour-revision' weeks will pay off.

11A*s is what the person who told me to follow such a demanding revision pattern achieved, they were also following a weighty '30-hour-revision' plan.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I've not actually completed my GCSEs yet - I've just set-in-stone a revision time-table.

11A*s is what the person who told me to follow such a demanding revision pattern achieved, they were also following a weighty '30-hour-revision' plan.
    Well very good luck to you! i expect you to get at least 10 A*s then just kidding - just do your best

that person is actually scary O.o i get nervous just thinking about if i'd had to have done 11 GCSEs :P

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVajQPuRmk8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    i'm sorry you're feeling like this what i'd suggest is talking to your teachers about what exactly you need to work on, and ask if they can put revision sessions on (although they usually take place a bit later in the year). if you want study help from TSR, i'd suggest posting in specific subject study help sections so people can help you

you have time though so try not to worry too much, there's still around 5 months left - you can do it!

Yeah there is after school maths revision on every wednesdays which i attend. But anyways thx for your advise

ReputationRep:
    You can do it!

Overkill? very.

Yeah true thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    Don't be scared
    If u revise well,go to revision sessions,ask teachers about what ur unsure of and do past paper questions u have nothing to be scared about.Am sure u will do really well
    Just keep on revising and go over what u have learnt.Research the topics you are unsure about.Be calm and it will be better to remember everything.If you don't think u'll do well in maths research the topics u struggle most on.Go on Khan Academy and HegartyMaths.Instead of just watching these videos make sure you understand it and go over it every day.But don't revise for toooooo long.

Best Of Luck
    Yeah i do go on hegartymaths, but thankyou for your advise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samendra)
    Dont worry I only started studying a month before my exams and did ok you should be fine.
    Aw ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    exactly same boat, i start my mocks tomorrow and i really wanna do well, im aiming one less then i am actually predicted but i think my predicted grades dont represent who i actually am. so my ideal would to prove that i can do it and be a high achiever but im putting a load of pressure on me and its really stressful. im getting really paranoid and i just want to do well, i need 5a's to get into the sixth form i want to go and i will get that but i want to prove i can do even better.

but we can get throught this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani47)
    Im in my last year and my gcses start around may. Im really worried as im really not good in maths at all and not very good in science/ history. Also because of the new gcse style it's quite stressful. What is everyone else doing to revise as i dont think we can get the new aqa papers to practise and i found the mock exam quite hard. I really need to boost up my grades to atleast pass my exams.
    Hey there,

Best way to tackle this problem is to find out where you are weak at, get the resources (books, teachers, websites, youtube channel) that tackle this weakness and then set aside regular times during the week to study and test yourself against the weakness. Then in due time you will get stronger and it will be no longer a weakness. You got this, get after it!

ReputationRep:
    If you're from Edexcel, the math is not supposed to be that difficult. I am really bad at the subject but I somehow managed to get a B! I think the key is to just practice all the chapters thoroughly, and do extra questions (from different books, or maybe online) on the topics you find tough, and finally, past papers past papers past papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani47)
    Don't worry I'm sure you can do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amusica)
    exactly same boat, i start my mocks tomorrow and i really wanna do well, im aiming one less then i am actually predicted but i think my predicted grades dont represent who i actually am. so my ideal would to prove that i can do it and be a high achiever but im putting a load of pressure on me and its really stressful. im getting really paranoid and i just want to do well, i need 5a's to get into the sixth form i want to go and i will get that but i want to prove i can do even better.

but we can get throught this
    Yeah it is really stressful, but thx anyways and good luck for your mocks

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about the maths, everyone is in the same position with the new 9-1 and people who are amazing at maths are only getting around 40%. Schools have also sent off mock grades to the exam boards as schools aren't doing well, I'm worrying as well but we have to try not to because if everyone does bad the grade boundaries will be lowered

ReputationRep:
    haha I'm such a liar.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.